• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU at Kansas, Top 20 Showdown, Gameday Edition

Will the Kansas coach be at Wisconsin or Nebraska next year?
Madison, Wisconsin is a great city, the campus is on a lake, countryside is nice, and he is from southern Wisconsin, and won 6 Div. 3 national championships while coaching Wisconsin-Whitewater. The Badgers also enjoy athletic success and a strong academic ranking, have spirited alums, and draw from Chicago and the Twin Cities for recruiting. Seems to me an easy choice over Nebraska, if Leipold gets his pick. College kids love Madison.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Sounds like that Colorado game ruined her. And your future prospects for away games. Bummer.
There was also a bad experience for her at an OU game in Norman (not Jerry World). But the Boulder-experience was the kill shot. She also doesn’t like that I will not just move away meekly when a-holes start trying to mess with me. I recall when there could be good-natured banter going on even in closely contested games (eg: OU v Frogs in Norman in 05) but that was just my son and me. Now it’s vulgar and threatening. Didn’t help that I told her Boulder would be among the most benign venues since that team had zero expectations of being even decent and figured their fans were virtual eunuchs by now given how many emasculations that team has suffered over recent years.

Frogs1983

Just last season????
I was around for the 70's so I have seen very bad TCU football prior to the past 4-5 seasons.

Just seemed the team gave up, quit on Patterson . Even the really bad 70's teams didn't quit ( or maybe it's been so long I just don't remember).

Last season just had a very bad vibe about it beyond the season record IMO.

Players seem to be enjoying themselves again. Fans definitely are.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
There was also a bad experience for her at an OU game in Norman (not Jerry World). But the Boulder-experience was the kill shot. She also doesn’t like that I will not just move away meekly when a-holes start trying to mess with me. I recall when there could be good-natured banter going on even in closely contested games (eg: OU v Frogs in Norman in 05) but that was just my son and me. Now it’s vulgar and threatening. Didn’t help that I told her Boulder would be among the most benign venues since that team had zero expectations of being even decent and figured their fans were virtual eunuchs by now given how many emasculations that team has suffered over recent years.
Man those hillbillies are mean as hell. In 2019, I legit thought I was going to get my ass kicked when Vernon Scott had the pick 6. All I did was cheer like a normal fan and all I heard after that was "sit down and shut the scheiss up".

2015 wasn't much better. Yall are scheissing cheaters and all kind of stuff like that. They were mad because we knocked Bakfield out of the game. They got real scheissing quiet in the 4th quarter when we came back though.

2017 was kind of tame, just had to deal with the guy standing up in front of us the whole game. The ou fans around us apologized for him and said the only reason he stood up the entire time was because we were TCU fans.

Froglaw

Not sure why people thought a bunch of TCU fans would flood the stadium.

2 road games at long term rivals within easy drives - Baylor, SMU
1 road game at big state school in same state - UT
1 road game at great vacation spot - Colorado
1 road game at pretty part of country with good tailgates - WVU

then

1 road game in the middle of nowhere - Kansas

No one thought this would be a worthwhile game before two weeks ago. Only the few frog fans in Kansas, Nebraska or Iowa part of the country may have had plans for this game.

Great road game, college town, easy 7.5 hours all interstate.

I stayed in OKC last night for Aunt of Froglaw’s 96 birthday.

Great weekend!

froginmn

Visitor seats at Kansas' Stadium are the absolute worst.
My experience in 2016 differed greatly. Google photos reminded me that I was there 6 years ago yesterday. My daughter and I tailgated (if you can call it that) by my car, then wandered around and found an alumni tailgate. On the way in to the stadium, a guy said he had won a seat upgrade and offered me his seats on the 50 for dirt cheap. I have no idea why he picked TCU fans...20161008_105344_copy_768x576.jpg

TCUdirtbag

Not sure why people thought a bunch of TCU fans would flood the stadium.

2 road games at long term rivals within easy drives - Baylor, SMU
1 road game at big state school in same state - UT
1 road game at great vacation spot - Colorado
1 road game at pretty part of country with good tailgates - WVU

then

1 road game in the middle of nowhere - Kansas

No one thought this would be a worthwhile game before two weeks ago. Only the few frog fans in Kansas, Nebraska or Iowa part of the country may have had plans for this game.
Man, calling Lawrence “the middle of nowhere” is going to bring all the “Lawrence is a KC suburb” mafia down on you.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Madison, Wisconsin is a great city, the campus is on a lake, countryside is nice, and he is from southern Wisconsin, and won 6 Div. 3 national championships while coaching Wisconsin-Whitewater. The Badgers also enjoy athletic success and a strong academic ranking, have spirited alums, and draw from Chicago and the Twin Cities for recruiting. Seems to me an easy choice over Nebraska, if Leipold gets his pick. College kids love Madison.
Actually on two lakes, sits on an isthmus and had some really good lake trout while on a business trip there before retirement. Unfortunately, it was -5 and all I had was a lined raincoat since I lived in Houston.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
My experience in 2016 differed greatly. Google photos reminded me that I was there 6 years ago yesterday. My daughter and I tailgated (if you can call it that) by my car, then wandered around and found an alumni tailgate. On the way in to the stadium, a guy said he had won a seat upgrade and offered me his seats on the 50 for dirt cheap. I have no idea why he picked TCU fans...View attachment 12247

In most years, a Kansas seat upgrade was just sitting wherever you wanted and no one ever bothering you.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Here's what KU's stadium looked like when I attended a KU-Texas A&M game there in 1974. KU won 28-10.

20120428_ajw_sr9_098.jpg

Kept wondering if there was going to be a track meet for halftime entertainment...

Pharm Frog

Here's what KU's stadium looked like when I attended a KU-Texas A&M game there in 1974. KU won 28-10.

20120428_ajw_sr9_098.jpg

Kept wondering if there was going to be a track meet for halftime entertainment...
I might be interested in seeing what the Savannah Bananas could come up with for a halftime show using track and field.

I am not sure how many people noticed that linebacker Shadrach Banks, #19, was back deep on kickoffs for TCU yesterday and had a pretty good return, after Kansas tied it up at 10-10. I think he was also the one who recovered Daniel’s fumble on the goal line. Banks was a 4 Star recruit for A&M and an ESPN top 100 coming out of high school.

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I am not sure how many people noticed that linebacker Shadrach Banks, #19, was back deep on kickoffs for TCU yesterday and had a pretty good return, after Kansas tied it up at 10-10. I think he was also the one who recovered Daniel’s fumble on the goal line. Banks was a 4 Star recruit for A&M and an ESPN top 100 coming out of high school.

I saw that but wondered why we did that. Davis has such a reputation that opposing teams do stupid things on KOs. Was Banks on the other side opposite Davis or was he the deep back?

Eight

you forgot to mention banks played wide receiver for gpns and it was damn funny watching high school defensive backs have to handle him