• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Sooners vs Horned Frogs

cdsfrog

Still a small sample size but I’ll take that energy over what we had been seeing every damn day. Key will be how resilient we are when we do goof up which is inevitable. That’s the next test.

We were so close to that happening on his second pass attempt. Shod havr been pick 6. Defender had a perfect read. But clearly he shrugged it off instantly.

ThisIsOurTime

Good to see the Frogs competing.

1. Would love to see us stop doing 3 man rushes. I don't know why we insist on doing this so often.
2. An assistant coach or grad assistant needs to keep Shawn Robinson involved in the next few weeks even though he has been pulled. He will improve leaps and bounds if they can keep him going in the right direction. He is lost right now but in 2 years, he will look like a very different player. They just need to make sure he bounces back.
3. TCU needs to be willing to roll the dice with some onside kicks or trick plays in the 2nd half. Let's go for broke and give this team a chance to really pull off the upset. In other words, GP needs to break some tendencies.
4. Wallow is starting to show up more and more. Think he will end up being a good one if he continues to progress.

ThisIsOurTime

Still a small sample size but I’ll take that energy over what we had been seeing every damn day. Key will be how resilient we are when we do goof up which is inevitable. That’s the next test.
OU will adjust too now that they see a little of what Collins wants to do. But heck, we will take it. GP and Cumbie just need to be willing to roll the dice in the 2nd half and play aggressively for the win and hopefully feed off the crowd.

jake102

Just need to keep getting our players on defense in their strengths. LBs on Brown is an awful idea. Summers in coverage bad idea. Wallow needs to be doing all the spying

helcap

1. Would love to see us stop doing 3 man rushes. I don't know why we insist on doing this so often.
2. An assistant coach or grad assistant needs to keep Shawn Robinson involved in the next few weeks even though he has been pulled. He will improve leaps and bounds if they can keep him going in the right direction. He is lost right now but in 2 years, he will look like a very different player. They just need to make sure he bounces back.
3. TCU needs to be willing to roll the dice with some onside kicks or trick plays in the 2nd half. Let's go for broke and give this team a chance to really pull off the upset. In other words, GP needs to break some tendencies.
4. Wallow is starting to show up more and more. Think he will end up being a good one if he continues to progress.
With regard to #1, we are rushing three so we can keep a man back to spy on Murray. I think that is a good idea

Froggy Style

3 man rush is how Iowa state has figured out how to shut down the air raid offense, Gary just needs to squeeze the linemen tighter so the run up the middle isn't an option.

Tumbleweed

Known GP for 18 years & that look Gary had after the TD was one of white face satisfaction. You don't get that look very often!! Finally, .....he's saying. Believe, if this team takes on Gary's eternal determination, we'll be okay.

It's good to see this team with some happy emotion.

We'll see.........

dawg

All four of your points are very solid sports talk, esp #2. SR can learn immensely, if he puts in the work and has the “want-to,” by watching film and studying without the pressure I’m sure he was feeling to produce results.

cdsfrog

Shawn Robinson has a ton of talent but maybe he just plays awful injured? That and he is carless with the ball right now. Still could be great down the line probably in a year or two.

However, the entire team responded way differently the second Collins was put in and deserves to be in. Just amazing.

tcumaniac

I’ve heard from multiple former players that Gary shows an extremely strong bias for “his” players. Aka the kids he recruits out of high school and gives a scholarship too. I’ve also heard Gary realllllllly likes Shawn (which is fair... seems like a great kid with lots of potential upside). And the fear was that Gary was giving Shawn an unacceptably long leash out of a stubborn loyalty (sound familiar?). Anyway. Small sample size, but that premise is starting to seem pretty accurate.

Last edited:

mc1502

Known GP for 18 years & that look Gary had after the TD was one of white face satisfaction. You don't get that look very often!! Finally, .....he's saying. Believe, if this team takes on Gary's eternal determination, we'll be okay.

Racist as hell.

It's good to see this team with some happy emotion.

We'll see.........

hindry

according to sources, Cumbie, being a Leach acolyte, believes in letting the star QB play till he catches fire. even if he never does.

it was Patterson who finally overruled Cumbie.

cumbie un-imaginative Leach-a-Tron.

lots of time , effort, and PR went into SR being a 'franchise' QB

basically dunder-headed thinking.

Patterson finally saw his reputation swirling down the drain, and acted like a HC

Tumbleweed

The last 7:30 minutes is absolute proof there is nothing wrong with TCU’soffensive scheme but everyhing has been wrong at QB.
One has to question Cumbie’s starting QB selection....there is no way Robinson “separated himself” from Collins in the QB competition or in daily practice.

64 dollar Q: can the offensive line take care of Collins and give him time!