• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Longhorns vs #REJECTS

ifrog

Patterson would have benched Dalton for this performance. Time to get the old Gary back.

SR needs to sit down and think about it for a minute. And Kenny Hill needs to quit cutting up with SR. Get his arse off the sidelines.

Still blaming Hill. I also called it that the same lame posters would be bitching about Robinson or whoever the QB was two games into it.

Mean Purple

Everyone breathe. Holy ship. Just catching up on the game thread. Bounced after we saw some adversity early on and people srtarted jumping off cliffs in here.

Good grief. SR has some things to work on, he's 4 games into a college career. As bad as the turnovers hurt, this defense isn't exactly killing it in takeaways either.

Time to temper some expectations this year.
With the talent we recruit, we should not have to temper expectations. Yeah, the qb has started 5 games now. But was here all last year as well.

FrogCop19

My 5th grade daughter got invited to attend today by a huge HUGE UT family. Sitting right in the middle of the UT high dollar season ticket holders. Friend’s dad just texted me that she’s taunting the two boys sitting right in front of her. She’s the best.
Did she ask for permission to cuss this weekend? Just wondering how effective her taunts are...

Mean Purple

In addition to terrible decisions making did anyone else think SR showed a lot of immaturity today.
Andy would have been benched for less.

I'm not so concerned about the decisions. He is a Texas high school qb. In the past decade, so many have just had to see one side of the field. So when they get to college, it takes a bit for the game so slow down for them.

It's the timing and touch on the ball. Is Cumbie qb coach? He owes it to SR to have that turned in.

f_399

Turnovers and offensive play execution.

The defense actually looks good if you don't wear them out with turnovers.

We have the talent of offense. Most the "rejects" are on defense.

Gotta hate him as a person but a briles offense looks good right about now. It's simplicity makes it easier on rookies.

LisaLT

I agree
Yep. And too many dont want to admit that.[/QUOte

I agree, but then you have to look at what caused the turnovers. Robinson can’t be blamed for all
Still blaming Hill. I also called it that the same lame posters would be bitching about Robinson or whoever the QB was two games into it.
well now we’re 4 games into it. I like Robinson, but I thought he would be used differently (more designed run plays. - his strength ). The TO factor is a killer tho. The receivers also did him no favors today. Some key drops. Too many things working against us (and him) today to get the win.

LVH

Man the cliff jumpers are out in full force. I gotta start avoiding these game threads.

Army is about to tie Oklahoma late in the 3rd quarter in Norman, Texas Tech lost to Ole Miss by 20, Iowa State's offense is terrible, Kansas is Kansas, Baylor lost at home to a Duke team minus its QB, Kansas State might be worse than Kansas, but no, we are only going to win 4 games max and the season is lost.

Mean Purple

I agree

well now we’re 4 games into it. I like Robinson, but I thought he would be used differently (more designed run plays. - his strength ). The TO factor is a killer tho. The receivers also did him no favors today. Some key drops. Too many things working against us (and him) today to get the win.
I think the play calling has a lot to do with red zone stalls.

FrogCop19

Start the back up, give him time with the 1s, or just give him more time in the game before the opponent has steam rolled momentum, and then we would really see how he works.
Start SR in the first half, bring backups in for 2nd half. Sprinkle him in as needed.

I said it after the Tech game last year, but he looked gassed after a few big runs. I know that is ridiculous since he is an 18 year-old D1 QB and I'm an overweight 43 year-old 8th grade teacher, but he is nails in the first half and just seems...less after the half in every game we've seen him in.

Horny4TCU

Think we have enough money to lure away the aOSU QB coach? We have got to do something with our QB play. I know SR is young, but so was their guy. After '16 Kenny and now '18 SR, we need to change something.