• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Longhorns vs #REJECTS

LVH

I’m now concerned about any game TCU’s offense will have to put up considerable points in...which could mean OU, OSU, WVU, TT...at least.

We just played, by far, the 2 best defenses we will face all year in back to back games. The defenses we will face the rest of the year won't even come close to Ohio State or Texas.

A lot of offenses will look bad after playing Ohio State and Texas.

Iowa State is probably the best of the bunch going forward so in reality we are going to face the 3 best defenses in 3 straight games.

Pharm Frog

Patterson on the radio. Pointing out how bad the turnovers hurt. Gotta get better on that side of the ball. When it is like this you cant work on the big things, you gotta work on the little things.

Brian mentioning that GP warned all week that turnovers would be very costly in this game and they we would need to force some turnovers and not give up any.

Denton points out that the turnovers were a key factor because it cost us 4 offensive drives with no points... while giving them points.

Denton - Does not matter who we play next week, this one will be about TCU. We need to get some things figured out.

What exactly did we do with those possessions that we did have? Didn't look that promising to me. I'm guessing that nobody asked about quit-by-punt.

FBallFan123

We just played, by far, the 2 best defenses we will face all year in back to back games. The defenses we will face the rest of the year won't even come close to Ohio State or Texas.

A lot of offenses will look bad after playing Ohio State and Texas.

Iowa State is probably the best of the bunch going forward so in reality we are going to face the 3 best defenses in 3 straight games.

But TCU will face better offenses.

And I have doubts about this team’s ability to come from behind.

When things have started going badly the last two weeks in the 3rd quarter...this team, especially this offense and this QB, seem to have a hard time dealing with it.

That’s concerning.

Mean Purple

I’m now concerned about any game TCU’s offense will have to put up considerable points in, including the now hard-to-come-by 2nd half points....which could mean OU, OSU, WVU, TT...at least.
Also worried about k state. Our running backs are not getting what they should. Most of it is from a bad offensive scheme. Some very bad play calling. Too much Leach in the head.

Chongo94

Also worried about k state. Our running backs are not getting what they should. Most of it is from a bad offensive scheme. Some very bad play calling. Too much Leach in the head.

Yeah, I’m really not a fan of our playcalling at times...especially at moments where you can feel they are big momentum deciding moments. Seems just really off at times.

FBallFan123

The last two weeks, the Baylor type offense of quick tempo/short passes work early on...for a while, but it hasn’t lasted.

When things slow down, this offense struggles.

I’m nit sure what’s going on with Anderson...still not fully back from injuries?

I don’t know if this offense starts doing more pistol/option like they used at times with Hill, or what...but if Sewo/Anderson aren’t effective in run game, Robinson will likely need to run more to move the chains.

Chongo94

The last two weeks, the Baylor type offense of quick tempo/short passes work early on...for a while, but it hasn’t lasted.

I’m nit sure what’s going on with Anderson...still not fully back from injuries?

I don’t know if this offense starts doing more pistol/option like they used at times with Hill, or what...but if Sewo/Anderson aren’t effective in run game, Robinson will likely need to run more to move the chains.

Agreed.

Mean Purple

Pretty sure that defenses are figuring out that if you game the run and force some passing, it can stall us. Very inefficient at qb.

Our defense actually played great. But you cant leave them out there on the field that long.

SR should not be laughing on the sideline after giving the ball over.

TEXAS should have been called for holding o that last td. Just watched it again.

Mean Purple

Who knows how thing shook by then, but Texas Tech already has 24 points on OSU before half.

I wouldn’t underestimate them.

They can reliably put points up on offense, and the QB looks pretty good.
If some decisions are not made, it will be. Long season. If mechanics have not improved so much after being coached since before last fall, then some positions need to see changes.

netty2424

Everyone breathe. Holy ship. Just catching up on the game thread. Bounced after we saw some adversity early on and people srtarted jumping off cliffs in here.

Good grief. SR has some things to work on, he's 4 games into a college career. As bad as the turnovers hurt, this defense isn't exactly killing it in takeaways either.

Time to temper some expectations this year.

Mean Purple

Yeah, I’m really not a fan of our playcalling at times...especially at moments where you can feel they are big momentum deciding moments. Seems just really off at times.
It was ok in the first half, but was really bad in the second half ... again.

Saw it in the Conf Champ game and last week. And this week.