• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iron Skillet Edition

Moose Stuff

No doubt....Plenty of blame to go around. But if I’m not taking the points I sure as hell not taking the ball out of the QBs hands...Believe it or not the 3rd down call with Delton was even worse.

On both calls everybody in the entire stadium new what was happening.

I don’t disagree with that .

Mean Purple

Pissed off even more now. I hope Patterson or one of his guys check the board today. Post game quotes: I have to do a better job of changing my signs. The players said they heard SMU calling out our defensive plays. How many times do we have to hear this excuse??? When a coach leaves, and you play the team with the coach, change the signs. Don’t wait until the team is beat to acknowledge that happened! Goes back to my comment—-we were out coached.
So tired of his shtick. Just change the signs. Not hard to do. He did hint at it yesterday on Sirius XM ESPNU radio. But he also threw out his usual "we're young" bit.

Mean Purple

Pissed off even more now. I hope Patterson or one of his guys check the board today. Post game quotes: I have to do a better job of changing my signs. The players said they heard SMU calling out our defensive plays. How many times do we have to hear this excuse??? When a coach leaves, and you play the team with the coach, change the signs. Don’t wait until the team is beat to acknowledge that happened! Goes back to my comment—-we were out coached.
His "signs" would not have mattered that much had the frogs gone for 3 earlier in the game. Would have at least made over time.
He and Les Miles are getting so much alike.

Atomic Frawg

Had Delton had that performance and those numbers through three quarters half the half the board would have been calling for heads to roll had no change been made. They made their decision on who the QB is, and they stuck with it regardless of the performance. Face it, the true freshman is the quarterback. I'm just wondering how bad the rest of the QBs have to be in order for the only attempt by a QB other than the freshmen was a dive in a goal situation. Respectfully, the kid has hit too deep passes to my recollection all year. The Fades are bad and the Deep passes are typically overthrown. We should play to his skill set if that means Dink and dunk it all the way down the field. But I agree with most on this board about the play calling. I can't understand half of the place that we called. I honestly believe we called some of the plays just because we have them in the book. We didn't need to do them at all. It's hard to explain the amount of disgust that I have right now. But I am a faithful fan, will take what I have coming to me at work on Monday, and cross my fingers and pray for next Saturday morning.

Mean Purple

Had Delton had that performance and those numbers through three quarters half the half the board would have been calling for heads to roll had no change been made. They made their decision on who the QB is, and they stuck with it regardless of the performance. Face it, the true freshman is the quarterback. I'm just wondering how bad the rest of the QBs have to be in order for the only attempt by a QB other than the freshmen was a dive in a goal situation. Respectfully, the kid has hit too deep passes to my recollection all year. The Fades are bad and the Deep passes are typically overthrown. We should play to his skill set if that means Dink and dunk it all the way down the field. But I agree with most on this board about the play calling. I can't understand half of the place that we called. I honestly believe we called some of the plays just because we have them in the book. We didn't need to do them at all. It's hard to explain the amount of disgust that I have right now. But I am a faithful fan, will take what I have coming to me at work on Monday, and cross my fingers and pray for next Saturday morning.
I often wonder if SC just scripts a whole game and the plays we hit on are just the "stopped clock being right twice a day" type thing. Because it does not seem to be situational football out there.

These kids deserve better.

Moose Stuff

His "signs" would not have mattered that much had the frogs gone for 3 earlier in the game. Would have at least made over time.
He and Les Miles are getting so much alike.

Stop saying this. It just doesn’t work that way. The second you kick that FG the entire course of the rest of the game changes. We don’t just automatically score the next two TDs. Who knows what the hell happens????