• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iron Skillet Edition

Pharm Frog

Then give Griffin Kell a shout. Not like TCU hasn't used two kickers before.

He was worse than Song from distance in warmups and far worse than Song from inside 40. Not sure Song missed from inside 40 in pregame. Kell missed a lot and from both hashes. That's one reason that I posted the wind is far trickier than I would have anticipated.

PurpleBlood87

He was worse than Song from distance in warmups and far worse than Song from inside 40. Not sure Song missed from inside 40 in pregame. Kell missed a lot and from both hashes. That's one reason that I posted the wind is far trickier than I would have anticipated.

I was shocked today when Patterson called a timeout to force SMU to attempt it into the wind. But he should have called it as soon as the third down stop was made and then if the field goal was good SMU would have to kickoff into the wind.

Pharm Frog

Ticket price for KU game won't change. The nation knows that game will also be a nail biter.

Sad truth

Price has already dropped. "My" seats dropped $20 since my post about $35. Oh...and those seats were available for the UT game at about kickoff for more than I'd be willing to pay. Not any more....they done been purchased.

ThisIsOurTime

You showed up. A better team just showed up on the other side of the field.
Lol, I bet you weren't talking like this when your center hiked the ball past your quarterback. I'm sure you were as nervous as nervous could be when y'all had to punt it away fearing what would happen next.

smufrogger

Two things I’ll never see from tcu-
Trying to block a punt ( Amy’s last punt was a perfect opportunity to pressure the punter)
And faking a punt.

Planks

Two things I’ll never see from tcu-
Trying to block a punt ( Amy’s last punt was a perfect opportunity to pressure the punter)
And faking a punt.

I’m of the opinion that going for a punt block is a bad play and should never be done by anyone ever. I don’t have the numbers, but I’m guess that statistically it’s far more likely that you run into the punter giving them a first down than it is you block the punt. There was 2:30 left in the game and we have a home run punt returner, no reason to risk a running into the punter penalty.

PLUS if we block the punt and it goes out of the end zone or SMU recovers it for a safety, it’s only 2 points. We’d still be losing, and they’d get to free kick giving us worse field position.

The ONLY time I think going for a punt block is worth it is if you’re down by by 1 point and it’s the last play of the game, where a safety or touchdown wins you the game and running into the kicker doesn’t matter because it’s the last play of the game anyway.

Last edited:

ECM

Lol, I bet you weren't talking like this when your center hiked the ball past your quarterback. I'm sure you were as nervous as nervous could be when y'all had to punt it away fearing what would happen next.
“Hey remember that one time in the game when we almost had a chance?”

SMU took the lead 78 seconds into the game and never relinquished it. The better team won.

netty2424

Price has already dropped. "My" seats dropped $20 since my post about $35. Oh...and those seats were available for the UT game at about kickoff for more than I'd be willing to pay. Not any more....they done been purchased.
BIL girlfriend bought UT tickets for the two of them(he’s a UT fan) in section 112 after the UAPB game. With fees, she paid almost $500.

Told her to wait and see what the prices do. She couldn’t wait and paid the price.

Wexahu

Why doesn’t the rivalry not get them fired up? I’ve never seen a team so disinterested in a rivalry.

Maybe because most of our fan base has such a pompous attitude toward them that we can’t even admit it is a rivalry. They are beneath us, they suck, and this game should be a lopsided joke, maybe competitive for a half before our talent overwhelms them. That’s what our players hear all week, and then we get pissed that they don’t come up pumped and ready to play.

Pharm Frog

Maybe because most of our fan base has such a pompous attitude toward them that we can’t even admit it is a rivalry. They are beneath us, they suck, and this game should be a joke. That’s what our players hear all week, and then we get pissed that they don’t come up pumped and ready to play.

Or because it’s not a rivalry game for more than one team. Kind of like Ag v Tech was.

Big Frog II

SMU gets up for us like we use to get up for Big 12 teams when we were in the MWC. As usual we came out flat against them and tried to play catch up. The rest is history.

Wexahu

I’m of the opinion that going for a punt block is a bad play and should never be done by anyone ever. I don’t have the numbers, but I’m guess that statistically it’s far more likely that you run into the punter giving them a first down than it is you block the punt. There was 2:30 left in the game and we have a home run punt returner, no reason to risk a running into the punter penalty.

PLUS if we block the punt and it goes out of the end zone or SMU recovers it for a safety, it’s only 2 points. We’d still be losing, and they’d get to free kick giving us worse field position.

The ONLY time I think going for a punt block is worth it is if you’re down by by 1 point and it’s the last play of the game, where a safety or touchdown wins you the game and running into the kicker doesn’t matter because it’s the last play of the game anyway.

Tend to agree but I think there are things you can do to keep guys from taking 5-6 steps and letting the coverage set up. Maybe not go all out for a block but bring a decent amount of pressure. Definitely have to teach the rushers to be smart about it though.

ThisIsOurTime

“Hey remember that one time in the game when we almost had a chance?”

SMU took the lead 78 seconds into the game and never relinquished it. The better team won.
Your own team didn't think that which is why it resorted to having a player fake an injury to slow our momentum. Be grateful we spotted you 3 fumbles in the 1st half. Congrats on winning your Super Bowl.