• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iron Skillet Edition

Brog

Pissed off even more now. I hope Patterson or one of his guys check the board today. Post game quotes: I have to do a better job of changing my signs. The players said they heard SMU calling out our defensive plays. How many times do we have to hear this excuse??? When a coach leaves, and you play the team with the coach, change the signs. Don’t wait until the team is beat to acknowledge that happened! Goes back to my comment—-we were out coached.

Yeah, I'm sure if they check the board, they'll find out what they did wrong, get good suggestions for the next game, identify errors made, learn what to tell the players, etc, etc. We on "the board" have all the answers.

I know I need to stop, but...I am so frustrated with the direction of the program. Seems like the same thing every year. Lots of hype. Lose a ton of players to injuries. Offense lacks any creativity and becomes stale. Defense become predictable and fails to get key stops. Finish anywhere with 4-6 wins and repeat the next season. Someone tell me that they see something that is going to make this cycle change.

Well, SMU can hire the strength and conditioning coach of Baylor who roided up the Bears. Does that mean TCU can hire Art Briles as our offensive coordinator? *wink* *wink*

HFrog1999

giphy.gif

Moose Stuff

I’ll be honest. I liked going for it until I saw the wild frog. Then I wanted to call a time out and kick it. I thought we had a little momentum building. One yard didn’t seem too far until Cumbie called the stupid wild frog!

Wife of Moose Stuff could attest to the fact that I yelled “are you scheissing kidding me?!?!?” the second they lined up and went directly to the garage for a beer. Did not watch the play.

Mean Purple

You’re very entitled to that opinion. But saying that if we had the game would have gone to OT at the worst just isn’t sound reasoning at all.
I can see and respect where you are coming from. But with the offense not moving well consistently, that's where I say take the 3. You're right, may not have gotten the other TDs. I'm shocked we did.

Moose Stuff

I can see and respect where you are coming from. But with the offense not moving well consistently, that's where I say take the 3. You're right, may not have gotten the other TDs. I'm shocked we did.

I was OK with going for it but don’t find a ton of fault in anyone disagreeing . It was more or less a coin flip decision for me.

Moose Stuff

Why is it SMU can find receivers who can catch against 2 defenders and our receivers either can't catch or can't get open?

Drops weren’t the issue today. Getting open was a major issue in the first half (either that or Max couldn’t see them). WR/TE play was much better the last several drives .