• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread, Championship Edition: TCU vs Georgia; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

An-Cap Frog

There is a reason UGA moves up a 4th guy on the line so much on defense. They set into a 4-2-5 on pass defense almost as a default. They base out of that 3-4 and get a linebacker who is almost hybrid DE. And then find a safety who is basically hybrid LB, like Clemson likes to use. We are going to need the same hybrids at peak level if we want a 3-3-5 to work with the national champ game level competition.
The tough part is defending so many spread and air raid defenses during the season and then being able to defend pro-style offenses in the playoffs.

Mean Purple

This game had nothing to do with gameplan for Kirby defensively (offensively - Monken put on a misdirection clinic). Listen to Kirby's pregame.

It was over from the coin toss at midfield. Just a completely different level of athlete. I'm not sure a single screen pass worked... Georgia's speed was nasty.

All that makes me want to do is build the team up and get a rematch with UGA and send smart home to his trophy wife in tears. I'm serious. We need to get back and scheiss his world up.

Mean Purple

The tough part is defending so many spread and air raid defenses during the season and then being able to defend pro-style offenses in the playoffs.
I think UGA has a good approach. Focus on the fundementally sound offenses as to how you defend. Then, use that sound technique and speed and shut down the spread and air raid quickly. Close ground and remove the "open space" play.

Eight

There is a reason UGA moves up a 4th guy on the line so much on defense. They set into a 4-2-5 on pass defense almost as a default. They base out of that 3-4 and get a linebacker who is almost hybrid DE. And then find a safety who is basically hybrid LB, like Clemson likes to use. We are going to need the same hybrids at peak level if we want a 3-3-5 to work with the national champ game level competition.

gillespie had that guy at tulsa, but no one really fits that mold at tcu, maybe not since sonny said spring enrollments are on campus today

one reason jonathan bax was such an important signing

Mean Purple

Anybody at the game have trouble walking the concourse. Coach on Full Ride said he saw four people fall on that wet concrete. Including a security guard who's head hit the floor. Sounds like some rough logistics. Rick did mention that TCU showed out. Great crowd. Looks like we easily filled up half the stadium. That was important.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Anybody at the game have trouble walking the concourse. Coach on Full Ride said he saw four people fall on that wet concrete. Including a security guard who's head hit the floor. Sounds like some rough logistics. Rick did mention that TCU showed out. Great crowd. Looks like we easily filled up half the stadium. That was important.
I saw a lady misjudge a curb in the parking lot, with her hands in her pockets, and land face-first on the sidewalk. That wasn’t great at all.

Planks

The two biggest games of the year were the Big 12 Championship and the Nat'l Championship. Dykes could not win either game. I personally don't like the 3-3-5. Most teams do not use it. But on doubt, this was a boys vs men game. This was a slaughter. It had nothing to do with the choice of defense.
No way was the Big 12 Championship one of the two biggest games of the year. The Fiesta Bowl was a million times bigger, semi-final to a national championship.

TCU is one of only 7 schools to win a playoff game. Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Clemson, Ohio State, Oregon, and now TCU. That’s it.

Mean Purple

No way was the Big 12 Championship one of the two biggest games of the year. The Fiesta Bowl was a million times bigger, semi-final to a national championship.

TCU is one of only 7 schools to win a playoff game. Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Clemson, Ohio State, Oregon, and now TCU. That’s it.
What sux is they are already using last night's score to say that a return is not likely. ESPN plays the money game, even though our fans showed out. We will have be undefeated to get back there. One loss and they'll use it against us.

Eight

What sux is they are already using last night's score to say that a return is not likely. ESPN plays the money game, even though our fans showed out. We will have be undefeated to get back there. One loss and they'll use it against us.

which means what for michigan since tcu beat them 10 days ago?

hometown frog

Quite a bit. My mother in law was using a cane and damned near bit it several times getting out of that $5B sieve. Really really dumb design in my opinion.

dawg

This won’t be as much of an issue with the CFP expanding soon, but even then we’ll still probably have to be 12-1 or 11-2 to get an invite. Oklahoma suffered no lingering stigma from 2004, but we are “just a little ol TCU” to a vast majority of the Talking Heads out there. It’s going to take a few big wins to lessen the mark of this one.

Mean Purple

which means what for michigan since tcu beat them 10 days ago?
It means nothing for Michigan, as they are a "blue blood." Even though our reported media/marketing impact resulted in somwhere around or more than 4 billion dollars due to this post season. More than 2 billion leading up to Fiesta. The rest the last 10 days. And we filled up half that stadium. They will still play us down. in Law pointed to the expanded playoff in (I think) two years. That helps us. Still, just like when the CFP started, an OU team with the same number of losses we had in 2014, got in other years.