• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Buckeyes vs Horned Frogs

TooColdU

Robinson only had 8 carries for 7 yards. Thought we’d use his legs more. Maybe they just didn’t want him to get hurt?

Sucks that their pocket passer QB actually outrushed our dual-threat QB by 1 yard.

Eight

Haven’t seen enough of Georgia but I’d easily agree that OSU is way better than Clemson. Bama is scary.

as pharm pointed out, osu is a complete team.

they might have issues in some areas, but they have athletes across the roster, can run with anyone, and don't have a huge hole.

clemson has offensvie issues that i think an above average defense could exploit. unfortunately i don't see one of their remaining schedule until they possibly play vtech in the acc title game

Eight

i think we are all learning the answer to that question that was asked a few years back being what would happen if saban actually allowed the bama offense to open up a bit

FrogAbroad

Bright sides:

1. We could have, possibly should have, won. Losing it sucks, but it tells me we can win against anyone on our schedule.
2. After two tentative games, Anderson is still Anderson.
3. Following from 2, had the longest rushing play in program history/longest rushing score OSU has ever allowed.
4. Robinson had some mistakes, but they're fixable, and he's gonna be great.
5. Buckeyes damn well know they were in a fight.

Bad sides are many. Starting with me being out of beer now.
Legit points, all, but I'm not too confident in that #4. SR obviously has quite a bit of talent, and it flashes brightly now and then. But I'm uneasy about his mechanics and his decision-making, which look very much the same as those qualities he demonstrated last year in Lubbock. Yeah, I know, that was only three games ago, but he's had a spring and a fall to improve and I don't see any improvement yet. Maybe he's the answer to our QB questions, but I still have my doubts.

PO Frog

Legit points, all, but I'm not too confident in that #4. SR obviously has quite a bit of talent, and it flashes brightly now and then. But I'm uneasy about his mechanics and his decision-making, which look very much the same as those qualities he demonstrated last year in Lubbock. Yeah, I know, that was only three games ago, but he's had a spring and a fall to improve and I don't see any improvement yet. Maybe he's the answer to our QB questions, but I still have my doubts.
[ What the heck? ]? I thought he was fantastic.

As I pointed out last week.. I want to see us get the same respect A&M got last week.

Unlike A&M we played a close game despite not having a 100k crowd on our side, and had a 2nd half lead.

But we won't have anyone lobbying on our behalf because we aren't SEC.

Wouldn't shock me to see the DMN rank us behind A&M and North Texas and perhaps even Texas in their next Texas rankings.

Totally agree and here is your answer.
IMG_5695.jpg

Eight

Haskins was good. Thought we would confuse him more than we did. I’m very disappointed in our front 7 and our tackling.

tackling has been an issue for a few years now. watch the washington secondary tackle and man do they wrap up

i think part of the problem with the front 6 is too many players out early in the season, the loss of ross, young players who are feeling their way, and we have to find some real depth at de.

FrogLifeYo

Robinson only had 8 carries for 7 yards. Thought we’d use his legs more. Maybe they just didn’t want him to get hurt?

Sucks that their pocket passer QB actually outrushed our dual-threat QB by 1 yard.
In fairness they were spying him with the LB all night but yah..I was thinking we’d script a few more runs for him..He could helped his own cause by taking off when the pocket was collapsing. There were some obvious running lanes starring at him