• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Buckeyes vs Horned Frogs

Chongo94

We set the DVR before we left. But after watching the frogs cost themselves a win, not sure I want to relive it.

Did Texas win tonight?

Frogs better bounce back and put this behind them.

They won going away. Can’t remember the score but last time I saw it, it was 37-14.

cdsfrog

Wow...UH..GP is really proud of his team..you could see it in the presser. He likes this group a lot

I mean I am impressed. Lost our best defensive player and hung close with them all night, winning in the 3rd quarter despite sloppy mistakes that are bound to happen with a QB's first starting year.

Mean Purple

They won going away. Can’t remember the score but last time I saw it, it was 37-14.
Time to turn SR loose and let him play his game. His passing is getting better.

We need to win this game.

We are going to get overly clipped in the rankings, even though the game was pretty even minus a few dumb plays. And we need tosu to win out.

I'm proud of how salty our boys played tonight. Too many of our own did not give them a chance. But they were capable of winning.

cdsfrog

Time to turn SR loose and let him play his game. His passing is getting better.

We need to win this game.

We are going to get overly clipped in the rankings, even though the game was pretty even minus a few dumb plays. And we need tosu to win out.

I'm proud of how salty our boys played tonight. Too many of our own did not give them a chance. But they were capable of winning.

Score played out like I expected just a bit higher scoring. Ceiling of this team is even higher than I imagined, but sloppy mistakes will happen quite a bit. If we can get by Texas then we have a weeks to sort stuff out till OU

CountryFrog

I don't know how anyone could possibly watch that game and come away disappointed in Robinson. He wasn't flawless but he was really really good and made several big throws.

You just can't give up 2 defensive TDs, have a blocked punt inside your 10, and miss a field goal. We weren't even in the neighborhood of playing a clean game and still had a chance to win it. Any number of mistakes that, if they'd gone the other way, could've changed the outcome.

I also don't understand why Anderson didn't get the ball more.

Mean Purple

Score played out like I expected just a bit higher scoring. Ceiling of this team is even higher than I imagined, but sloppy mistakes will happen quite a bit. If we can get by Texas then we have a weeks to sort stuff out till OU
I'm guessing most who picked this score figured it would be their offense doing it.

Think about how little their offense saw the endzone, compared to what they are used to.

Wexahu

Maybe I’m in the minority (and will get flamed) but I didn’t think he played that well. Had 3 turnovers (2 led to 14 direct Ohio State points) and only 1 TD. In other words he had more scoring plays for Ohio State than TCU. I know it was his 4th start but there’s is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade and saying he didn’t play great. Maybe the TV announcers were more positive but there were a lot of groan in the stands as he missed on some open running lanes and didn’t spot wide open receivers several times. I think he is the future but it was a struggle tonight—and there is nothing wrong with that against such a quality opponent.

I'm obviously grading somewhat on a curve. This same performance two years from now wouldn't be "good", yes, but considering the environment, the team he was playing against, and the fact that it was really his first start against a defense with a pulse, I thought he did well. Put it this way, I'm much more confident he's going to be really good QB for us now than I was before this game.

dawg

-3 in turnovers (off which tOSU scored 14 defensive points) and the punt mishap gave them another 7. Too many mistakes vs a really good team. Play of the game for me was Turpin’s drop/Robinson’s behind pass on 2nd-10. Make that play, and the shuttle pass/Pick6 doesn’t happen.

TCU will be better for having played this game. Dissapointing, but the future is bright for this group. Full credit to tOSU; that’s a big-boy team.

BeatUT.

Moose Stuff

I don't know how anyone could possibly watch that game and come away disappointed in Robinson. He wasn't flawless but he was really really good and made several big throws.

You just can't give up 2 defensive TDs, have a blocked punt inside your 10, and miss a field goal. We weren't even in the neighborhood of playing a clean game and still had a chance to win it. Any number of mistakes that, if they'd gone the other way, could've changed the outcome.

You heard him say that people in the stands were groaning right? That definitely means he played poorly.

FBallFan123

Robinson played alright, made some good passes and huty by some untimely drops (Turpin and Barber come to mind)...but a lot of the passing game success came from short throws at or near the line of scrimmage and getting yards after the catch.

Robinson made some good passes, but this offense needs more connections, especially on deep passes.

Hoping it’s an area this team can improve on......soon.

CountryFrog

Robinson played alright, made some good passes and huty by some untimely drops (Turpin and Barber come to mind)...but a lot of the passing game success came from short throws at or near the line of scrimmage and getting yards after the catch.

Robinson made some good passes, but this offense needs more connections, especially on deep passes.

Hoping it’s an area this team can improve on......soon.
We connected on 3 deep balls and several intermediate throws. I know there were a lot of screens but that's just football these days and particularly in our offense.

You can't hit a deep ball on EVERY try. There are going to be some misses. I don't understand what some of you want from a QB.