• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Buckeyes vs Horned Frogs

Mean Purple

Just like I predicted. Meanwhile based on the headlines last week you would have thought A&M won the game.

Ohio State is the 2nd best team in the country in my opinion, better than Clemson. I think Georgia is #4. Defense isn't good enough to be better than Alabama or beat them. Alabama is in a class of their own. I can see them being like that 1996 Nebraska team that blew every single team they played out.
Turnovers ... that went for TDs hurt us bad. Pretty much the difference in the ball game. That, and a missed fg.

We played the. Pretty evenly.

But the score will be used against us and they may even drop us from the top 25. Because of the score.

Dont gift over the ball and TDs and the rankings would be on our side. Just reality.

Wexahu

Legit points, all, but I'm not too confident in that #4. SR obviously has quite a bit of talent, and it flashes brightly now and then. But I'm uneasy about his mechanics and his decision-making, which look very much the same as those qualities he demonstrated last year in Lubbock. Yeah, I know, that was only three games ago, but he's had a spring and a fall to improve and I don't see any improvement yet. Maybe he's the answer to our QB questions, but I still have my doubts.

All in all I thought SR played very well. Considering it was his 4th start, I thought he played great. He looked better tonight than he did against SMU.

Mean Purple

Question...Are we going to get our [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] together on special teams at any point? Another missed chip shot FG and punt probs again
It hurt us. Had sr kept control of the ball and just taken a safety, not had the pick 6 on a badly played shovel pass, and the Buckeyes go for 1 earlier in the game, the fg gives us the win. But the turnovers were a death nail. Period.

LVH

Compare Robinson tonight to Andy Dalton's first real big game against Texas in 2007, or hell even Oklahoma in 2008 if you want to compare sophomore year to sophomore year. Robinson was a lot better. Dalton didn't really hit his stride until 2009.

This game honestly reminded me a bit of that 2008 Utah game in a way and our team reminds me a lot of our 2008 team. Some good veterans, but the core of the team is still young. We had a 2nd half lead and beat ourselves in a game we could have won. However we have a young team like that 2008 team and it should pay dividends down the line.

All those freshman, sophomores and juniors in that 2008 loss to Utah ended up growing up and going 25-1 the next 2 years. And with Purdue being our marquee non conference opponent the next 2 seasons I think the future is bright.

Moose Stuff

It hurt us. Had sr kept control of the ball and just taken a safety, not had the pick 6 on a badly played shovel pass, and the Buckeyes go for 1 earlier in the game, the fg gives us the win. But the turnovers were a death nail. Period.

Quite a few ifs in that scenario. I thought SR played just fine and will only get better.

Mean Purple

Yeah, looked pretty damn bad.
Oh, well.

The whole game, we were playing them solid. Just two really really bad mistakes.
We were capable of winning that game.

For the most part qb play was pretty good. I'm sure the two TDs off of the turnovers will haunt him a bit, but this is his 4th start, so he will take plenty away from all this.

His touch was a lot better tonight. Looked like the throw behind, looked like, turp, was just timing.

Moose Stuff

Compare Robinson tonight to Andy Dalton's first real big game against Texas in 2007, or hell even Oklahoma in 2008 if you want to compare sophomore year to sophomore year. Robinson was a lot better. Dalton didn't really hit his stride until 2009.

This game honestly reminded me a bit of that 2008 Utah game in a way and our team reminds me a lot of our 2008 team. Some good veterans, but the core of the team is still young. We had a 2nd half lead and beat ourselves in a game we could have won. However we have a young team like that 2008 team and it should pay dividends down the line.

All those freshman, sophomores and juniors in that 2008 loss to Utah ended up growing up and going 25-1 the next 2 years. And with Purdue being our marquee non conference opponent the next 2 seasons I think the future is bright.

I think we’re gonna be real good in 2019. We need Ross back healthy.

MTfrog5

Dre’Mont Jones (scored the TD on the shovel pass INT) just called TCU the fastest team he’s ever faced. That would include OU from the previous two years, USC, Penn State, Michigan. That’s what I saw on TV too
I think a lot of TCU fans aren’t thrilled with tonight but at the least earned some respect from Ohio State fans. This game will pay off eventually with the amount of players that we have back next year. Heck this might kick it into another gear this year and we see y’all in Arlington again.