• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: #7 TCU vs Texas Tech; Early Morning Raider Rash Edition

Horny4TCU

I dont go to football or basketball games against Tech for this reason. Their fans are a next level of insufferable. To the point where even if we win or blow them out its not even fun for the schadenfreude. As much as I would have loved to have been at the game today at the end, or the basketball win last year, or 82-27, its not worth potentially dealing with their fans until the win is sealed, or god forbid, we lose.
Their fans are terrible. They stood the whole game.

Endless Purple

How many people would guess at games end that Tech would have more punts than TCU after all their 4th down attempts?

Who would guess that their board is full of posts about bad officiating, but no mention/complaint of the bounce pass (assumed fumbled hand off) for several yards they were given?

Who is surprised by there being officiating mistakes against both teams?

Who would have guessed at the beginning of the season that through 9 games, Tech would be TCU's lowest scoring?

CountryFrog

I really don't understand the idea that some of you seem to think we just can't beat a couple three loss teams in Texas and Baylor. And I'm not saying that we will beat them. We could lose to both of them. I don't know. But this idea that we're just totally scheissed in these next two games is fairly ridiculous. As if these teams, despite losing 3 times each, don't have any flaws at all and if we go in there and make a mistake or two then we're cooked.

Also, I remember a few weeks ago when it was determined on here that Oklahoma sucks and beating them by 31 points was actually not impressive. But now when Baylor beats them by 3 then oh no guys, how can we possibly deal with that Baylor team in a couple weeks?

Pharm Frog

I really don't understand the idea that some of you seem to think we just can't beat a couple three loss teams in Texas and Baylor. And I'm not saying that we will beat them. We could lose to both of them. I don't know. But this idea that we're just totally scheissed in these next two games is fairly ridiculous. As if these teams, despite losing 3 times each, don't have any flaws at all and if we go in there and make a mistake or two then we're cooked.

Also, I remember a few weeks ago when it was determined on here that Oklahoma sucks and beating them by 31 points was actually not impressive. But now when Baylor beats them by 3 then oh no guys, how can we possibly deal with that Baylor team in a couple weeks?
Exactly…could go 3-0 or 0-3 or any other combination and it should not surprise anybody. While I’d like to run the table, I don’t think that’s probable and if we don’t, I will be very interested in how the team plays the following week.

CountryFrog

Exactly…could go 3-0 or 0-3 or any other combination and it should not surprise anybody. While I’d like to run the table, I don’t think that’s probable and if we don’t, I will be very interested in how the team plays the following week.
I'd actually be extremely surprised if we go 0-3 but any other combination certainly wouldn't be shocking.

Pharm Frog

I'd actually be extremely surprised if we go 0-3 but any other combination certainly wouldn't be shocking.
I’d not be surprised at all to drop all 3 after however many consecutive weeks playing and that would mean we’d have lost the prior two games which would be deflating. That said….Frogs shouldn’t drop all three.

Armadillo

One. Game. At. A. Time.

Please!!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Possibly because 1.) We played like crap for 3.1 Quarters out there, and timely stupidity by Tech allowed the score to get out of hand. 2.) Both UT and the Rapists have good players and leadership that might not have their usual attacks of stupidity. And 3.) We have been on a downward trajectory in terms of execution and timing. The resurgence of the Defense today was extremely welcome, but we're going to have to score points, and depending on UT and Baylor to stupidly hand us the ball in their territory over and over again isn't a viable game plan.

CountryFrog

Possibly because 1.) We played like crap for 3.1 Quarters out there, and timely stupidity by Tech allowed the score to get out of hand. 2.) Both UT and the Rapists have good players and leadership that might not have their usual attacks of stupidity. And 3.) We have been on a downward trajectory in terms of execution and timing. The resurgence of the Defense today was extremely welcome, but we're going to have to score points, and depending on UT and Baylor to stupidly hand us the ball in their territory over and over again isn't a viable game plan.
You're right. I can't imagine a scenario where Texas would ever do anything stupid at the end of a game or blow a late lead. That just wouldn't be like them at all.

Eight

Their fans are terrible. They stood the whole game.

apocalypsenow-horror.gif

Eight

wait, i thought the problem was the defense was going to finally have to stop someone and now when they do that we are told we need to score more