• The KillerFrogs

GA Trey Haverty New Safeties Coach?

Baja Frog

Current Graduate Assistant Trey Haverty is rumored to be TCU's new safeties coach replacing Chad Glasgow according to RaiderPower.com. Not sure if it's legit or not......

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
He is actually at Milsaps, didn't stay at LaTech because of the coaching changes. almost right after he accepted the position.

West Coast Johnny

Call me crazy, but I'd like to nominate Teejay Johnson as safeties coach. No-one knows the patterson scheme better, and god knows he has the skills & communication ability. Only if Teejay really doesn't want to go pro.

BABYFACE

Feisty, your on a roll today. Any whiskey in that morning coffee? If I could stay home today, I would have had already a few hot todies.

Frogman82

Can't confirm if this is true or not. I actually bumped into him last night and talked about what's going on with him and I mentioned the opening. He said he'd love to have the job but didn't confirm if he had a chance to land it or not.

Great guy, hard worker and I think he would be an excellent hire.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Can't confirm if this is true or not. I actually bumped into him last night and talked about what's going on with him and I mentioned the opening. He said he'd love to have the job but didn't confirm if he had a chance to land it or not.

Great guy, hard worker and I think he would be an excellent hire.

A very good recruiter also.

HFrog1999

Could someone produce a picture of him.. Know he was a GA here years ago?

1746409.jpeg

Punter1

Its true...was decided a couple weeks ago. An odd choice but not saying its a bad choice. Just a ton of other more qualified guys out there that would KILL for this job. GP obviously wanted someone he knew.

ricksterh

imo it is soo important to get somebody that has been in the system
under Coach P who understands the 4-2-5 defense the way Coach p runs it.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Its true...was decided a couple weeks ago. An odd choice but not saying its a bad choice. Just a ton of other more qualified guys out there that would KILL for this job. GP obviously wanted someone he knew.

There probably are more experienced and qualified guys out there but none are as familiar with GP's defense as Haverty. GP knows him and is obviously comfortable with him. That speaks volumes in my book.

Years ago I remember Jim Wacker telling a friend and I that he would never again hire an assistant coach with whom he had no familiarity. GP strikes me as the same kind of guy, in that regard. He wants people that he knows and trusts. Nothing wrong with that

Punter1

There probably are more experienced and qualified guys out there but none are as familiar with GP's defense as Haverty. GP knows him and is obviously comfortable with him. That speaks volumes in my book.

Years ago I remember Jim Wacker telling a friend and I that he would never again hire an assistant coach with whom he had no familiarity. GP strikes me as the same kind of guy, in that regard. He wants people that he knows and trusts. Nothing wrong with that

Didnt say there was anything wrong with that...and there are more experienced guys that have worked with and know GPs defense, secondary in particular...Craig Naiver, Chris Thurman, Gary Darnell, Chuck Dreisbach, Rick LaFavers, etc, etc. I'm not questioning it...just saying there are more experienced guys out there then TH and it is a bit of a surprise he went TH's direction. I have no doubt he is going to work out and do good.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Trey is a great pickup for TCU any way you look at it. Said a few weeks ago I thought he would be great and I know it had nothing to do with the decision, but I like it....

We lost a good recruiter and now gained one back plus he has worked with the DBs at TCU.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Didnt say there was anything wrong with that...and there are more experienced guys that have worked with and know GPs defense, secondary in particular...Craig Naiver, Chris Thurman, Gary Darnell, Chuck Dreisbach, Rick LaFavers, etc, etc. I'm not questioning it...just saying there are more experienced guys out there then TH and it is a bit of a surprise he went TH's direction. I have no doubt he is going to work out and do good.

I didn't mean to suggest that you were saying anything was wrong with his pick. Just trying to explain GP's rationale, which is something that I am not really equipped to do

Wasn't Dreisbach, GP's first d-coordinator?

LVfrog

Trey is a great pickup for TCU any way you look at it. Said a few weeks ago I thought he would be great and I know it had nothing to do with the decision, but I like it....

We lost a good recruiter and now gained one back plus he has worked with the DBs at TCU.

GP is familiar with him and he is a good recruiter. Very nice hire indeed.