1. The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU basketball to make its debut on ESPN+ as it takes on Oklahoma on Saturday

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Jan 18, 2020.

1. TCU basketball to make its debut on ESPN+ as it takes on Oklahoma on Saturday

By Drew Davison

TCU fans interested in watching Saturday’s men’s basketball game against Oklahoma will have to do so on the Big 12’s new streaming service — Big 12 Now — on ESPN+.

It’s the first time the Horned Frogs will play a game broadcast on the digital-based platform that requires a subscription for fans to watch. A subscription is required even if ESPN is included in someone’s regular TV package.

TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati is excited about the platform and feels the league is on the right side of technology going forward.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article239368398.html#storylink=cpy

2. Guess I'll watch Butler and Purdue.

PurplFrawg and OmniscienceFrog like this.
  3. I’ll be at KU-UT....

/humblebrag

4. Well, you do have one to this forum

5. Glad Donati’s excited about it.

Leap Frog likes this.
  6. I am not excited about it!

Leap Frog likes this.
  7. In 5 years, all college and most pro athletics events will be available only on subscription services....

8. Look in to the Disney+ package of three streaming networks for $12.99. it's great.

You don't have 13 bucks?

Shorty and WIN like this.
  9. What ever happened to free stuff?

10. Will any sports bars be showing it?

11. Does a Disney + subscription include ESPn+ ?

12. I think you have to buy the bundle, which also includes Hulu.

ftwfrog likes this.
  13. This! We had Hulu, purchased this and have "unlimited Simpsons" as my son says, Disney+, Nat Geo, plus Big 12. If you are a Simpson's fan you can see all the episodes in order in the season they were done. Best are when Conan was on the staff, IMO.

14. Does the version of Hulu included with this package include live TV?

15. According to the wife we do not think, we also have uverse and I am unable to give that up.

16. So our AD is "excited" about this, while very few of us can watch the game with this "right side of technology" development? I've gotta spend a little while trying to figure out his reasoning here.

17. Some people don't.
    Are you going to give him 13 bucks which is actually 14.06 with taxes.
    And that's 168.72 a year.

18. Somebody just needs to go ahead and win the streaming war so I can get most of my content in the same place again. Even if it's lower cost total, this patchwork [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] is for the birds.