• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth Regional discussion

westtexfrog

Not sure why we're waiting so late to get the game started. Get them started now and give us room for possible delays.
I agree. I'm sure the field looked like a duck pond at one point early yesterday evening but they could have played game 1 last night if they had waited like the pro's did. Going to be tough to get 5 or 6 games in this weekend plus.

Ron Swanson

Unless we lose 2, we are the highest remaining seed.
The way I understand it, it's the highest remaining seed as long as they are at least tied with the best record.

If we all have 1 loss, TCU advances. If we have a loss and any of the other three teams is still undefeated, the undefeated team advances.

SnoSki

Not sure why we're waiting so late to get the game started. Get them started now and give us room for possible delays.

I imagine that after being rained on all night the field is not dry enough to play. Just saw Ross bailey tweet that they're using fans to try and dry the grass. I have a feeling it will all be in vain.

SnoSki

It's the NCAA. It's not that easy unfortunately

If the #6 national seed is rained out of all their games I don't see how the NCAA could consider it reasonable to eliminate them in favor of a lower ranked team just because the lower team played one game.

You would essentially be declaring that the regular season and national seeds are totally meaningless.

Bizarro Frog

If the #6 national seed is rained out of all their games I don't see how the NCAA could consider it reasonable to eliminate them in favor of a lower ranked team just because the lower team played one game.

You would essentially be declaring that the regular season and national seeds are totally meaningless.
From the rules I read on softball if only 1 game is played then it's basically void since the higher seed was not able to play. Higher seed moves on if 1 or zero games are played. If 2 games play then higher seed with best record moves on.

Would be fortunate for us and really screw Virginia. Image going from a potential host to being eliminated without playing a game.

flyfishingfrog

I thought it was the highest ranked undefeated team - and my interpretation of that was a team that has not played a game is still undefeated

But I could definitely be wrong

MTfrog5

From the rules I read on softball if only 1 game is played then it's basically void since the higher seed was not able to play. Higher seed moves on if 1 or zero games are played. If 2 games play then higher seed with best record moves on.

Would be fortunate for us and really screw Virginia. Image going from a potential host to being eliminated without playing a game.
That makes a lot more sense than what I was told. I've been trying to look for a rule but haven't found anything yet

Bizarro Frog

This is what I found but It was for softball and not updated for 2017. Seems logical but it might have changed.

Every attempt should be made to complete regional and super regional competition by Sunday. Competition may go to Monday when the following occurs: (1) weather or emergency situations occur which prevent completion of competition; (2) any one team has to play more than three games in a day; or (3) in order to complete competition by Sunday, it would be necessary to begin competition after midnight Sunday.

If competition has to be extended to Monday, it must be completed without starting a game after midnight Monday (if the regional final begins before 11:59 p.m. and an “if necessary” game becomes necessary to determine the regional champion, that game will immediately follow).

The committee reserves the right to revise the game schedule because of inclement weather.

Regional. If inclement weather limits play, every effort has been made to complete competition by Sunday and competition cannot be completed by Monday, the team that will advance to the finals will be based on the following:

0 games played Highest seed

1 games played Highest seed

2 games played Highest undefeated seed

3 games played Highest undefeated seed

4 games played Highest seed

5 games played Highest undefeated seed

6 games played Winner of game 6 unless each team has one loss, therefore the teams are tied, then:

1) Head-to-head competition.

2) Highest remaining seed.

Super Regional. If inclement weather limits play, every effort has been made to complete competition by Sunday and competition cannot be completed by Monday, the team that will advance to the finals will be based on the following:

0 games played Highest seed

1 games played Winner of game 1

2 games played If each team has a loss, the highest seed