• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth Regional discussion

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Hahahahahahaha No, you're wrong
YMC6hSf.gif

ftwfrog

I would agree.

But please don't WOO when the first pitch of the first inning is a ball.
Darn it. Get loud. Let that pitcher know it's going to be a long game. You better play perfectly and not make any mistakes or this crowd, (which is right on top of the field) is going to ride your ass. Catcher, You better not overthrow the 2nd baseman on the warmup toss. SS, you better not let a ball go thru your legs.

Friends, we don't have a great home field advantage because of our neat locker room. For a small, private school we have a loud and rowdy crowd for baseball. While yes, it might seem silly to woo in the 2nd inning, lets not make too many rules.

PO Frog

Note to CW fielding that grounder to end the inning - if a toss to the pitcher isn't absolutely necessary, go touch the bag yourself please. No need to bring any pitcher into the equation, much less an awkward 6'9" one.
Bumping this to show that he didn't take my advice. I'm concerned that nobody is working with CW on his defense over there.

That toss was unnecessary and poorly executed at that. And the effort on the pickoff was bizarrely lacking. I really don't understand the lack of any noticeable improvement.

flyfishingfrog

Bumping this to show that he didn't take my advice. I'm concerned that nobody is working with CW on his defense over there.

That toss was unnecessary and poorly executed at that. And the effort on the pickoff was bizarrely lacking. I really don't understand the lack of any noticeable improvement.
it was a bad toss and too late because the pitcher was too close to the bag and having to both try to catch a high toss and step on the back at the same time, but I don't thing CW was going to beat the runner if he tried to take it himself.

I think he realized that too late and then made a bad toss.

PO Frog

it was a bad toss and too late because the pitcher was too close to the bag and having to both try to catch a high toss and step on the back at the same time, but I don't thing CW was going to beat the runner if he tried to take it himself.

I think he realized that too late and then made a bad toss.
He easily would have beat him to the bag. Runner wasn't fast and the ball was hit sharply enough. If you field it with the intent of taking it yourself, its rare that you need a toss unless you're playing well off or it's poorly hit.