• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth Regional discussion

Ron Swanson

Does anyone know about Central Connecticut St's ace?

Or anything about them in general? 36 wins is sporty for a four seed

Can we afford to throw Traver against them? Sometimes some of these "lesser" lineups can be overpowered by guys with his stuff, but I don't know anything about them.

TCUdirtbag

CCSU BASIC INFO
RPI 144
36-20 (21-7 Northeast)
0-5 vs. RPI TOP 50
2-3 vs. RPI 51-100
Non Conf SOS 82
Swept in 4 at Oklahoma
9-1 in their last 10
5.9 RPG (offense), 4.7 RPG (defense)

CCSU STARTING PITCHING
CCSU's Friday night guy is Sr LHP Brendan Smith.
5-7 (14 starts in 14 appearances)
1 complete game
4.03 ERA, 82.2 ip
105 hits, 45 runs, 37 earned
16 bb, 57 ks
.312 b/a against
.867 fielding %

Fairly confident they'll throw Smith--he's a lefty and routinely their Friday night guy. If not him, it would be So RHP Mike Appel:
4-4 (13 starts in 15 appearances)
4.21 ERA, 72.2 ip
73 hits, 45 runs, 34 earned
36 bb, 47 so
.268 b/a against
.733 fielding %

Last edited:

tcuseagull

Agreed. Lodolo in Game 1. If we can't beat a directional Connecticut school then God help us. Need Jancazk for Game 2, as he's the steadiest and then rely on Howard to rise to the occasion in Game 3, like he has shown he does this late in the season.

TCUdirtbag

MORE CCSU STATS

CCSU has 5 guys in their lineup hitting over .300 (consider opponents though, to some degree). Team batting average is .281 vs. .271 for opponents.

Team ERA is 4.23 vs. 5.30 foropponents. All 3 starters have an ERA over 4.

2B Dean Lockery is their hits leader with 72 in 56 games, including 20 doubles, 2 triples, and 2 HRs. 3B Ryan Costello is their HR a leader with 9 in 56 games and their RBI leader with 51. RF Franklin Jennings has 68 hits in 53 games.

.974 team fielding pct. 46 double plays. They've caught 23 in 76 stolen base attempts, so expect the Frogs to run a lot.

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment that TCU needs to go 3-0. Not sure falling into the losers bracket is an option. Only way out is if we lose game 3 and have Traver available for a game 4. Gotta win the first 2.

I didn't see it posted in this thread, but Baker had surgery during the Big 12 Tournament. Out til next year.

westtexfrog

Wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment that TCU needs to go 3-0. Not sure falling into the losers bracket is an option. Only way out is if we lose game 3 and have Traver available for a game 4. Gotta win the first 2.

I didn't see it posted in this thread, but Baker had surgery during the Big 12 Tournament. Out til next year.
It was posted earlier and mentioned during selection show that he was out of post season. Sure was hoping but his long term health is more important.

TCUdirtbag

w9D0Vrg.jpg

Bob

Kind of off the topic, but maybe somebody in Ft. Worth could start a Good Hosts thread where locals could post their recommendations for where out of town guests could stay, eat, sites to see, etc., like equestrian lessons for those UVA fans.

It has been 10 years, or so, the last time I made it back to Ft. Worth for the BYU game, so I'm not very hip on what is current, but I think it would be a nice thing to do.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Kind of off the topic, but maybe somebody in Ft. Worth could start a Good Hosts thread where locals could post their recommendations for where out of town guests could stay, eat, sites to see, etc., like equestrian lessons for those UVA fans.

It has been 10 years, or so, the last time I made it back to Ft. Worth for the BYU game, so I'm not very hip on what is current, but I think it would be a nice thing to do.
I thought I saw you at the Carnegie Tech game.

Sand Frog

I'm sure tickets will be easy to get, but I have 4 GA season tickets and only going to use 2 for the regional. Message me if anyone wants/needs the other 2.

TCUdirtbag

Parking/tailgating reminder: Lot 13 was sold on a season basis, and those passes INCLUDE all postseason games. Parking in that lot will be VERY limited relative to past years as a result.

Last edited:
Average RPI Rank of 2/3 Seeds for Top Natl Seed Regionals
#1 Oregon State: 46
#2 North Carolina: 34
#3 Florida: 47
#4 LSU: 33
#5 Texas Tech:39
#6 TCU: 41
#7 Louisville: 50
#8 Stanford: 50

#2 Seed Rankings

#16 Virg (TCU)