• The KillerFrogs

FIRE JAMIE DIXON TONIGHT

TCUdirtbag

Dixon teams had a several-year-bad-run. There was something toxic in the locker room. After last year he decided to hit reset. He cleaned house with admin’s support.

It seems to be working. It just took a while this season for all of the new pieces to gel. Plus injuries and all the other. The culture today seems radically different than it did 12 and 24 and 36 months ago. Seems like Dixon almost started over from scratch.

This team has had its struggles but is playing its best ball in late February/March. Could be a fun 2-3 weeks, and the future looks a lot brighter than it did a year ago. Glad some of the folks around here aren’t TCU or Frogs athletics administrators. Hope to see the Frogs win a Tourney game for the first time in a generation or three and build on that next year.

Go frogs.

TCUWIN

A month ago, my emotions had me ready to fire Dixon. But this team has completely turned around. They seem to be playing with more focus, less tentative. Really proud of this team. They could be a nightmare draw for some over-confident team in a few weeks.

SuperTFrog

A month ago, my emotions had me ready to fire Dixon. But this team has completely turned around. They seem to be playing with more focus, less tentative. Really proud of this team. They could be a nightmare draw for some over-confident team in a few weeks.
Is that you saying you were wrong? I hope you don’t apologize to your spouse like that…

SuperTFrog

Not sure it’s fair to dig up threads from 2021 after a win in 2022.

We gonna dig up the “lifetime contract for GP” posts from 2014?

Happy for the improved program and big wins this year!!
I think it is fair. Don’t post stupid emotionally charged stuff and you don’t have to worry about it. Internet keyboard warriors are like 6 year olds where their favorite movie is the one they just saw at the theater. The worst meal they’ve ever had in their life is the one at the restaurant they just left. The anonymity on a forum gives people the license to be complete jack wagons all the time. So yes, dig up old stuff and hold people accountable.

Feel free to dig through my old posts. If I’ve said something dumb (which is 100% certain) then I’d like to learn from it.

Also, just enjoyed an EH Taylor followed by a Blanton’s pour to celebrate our wonderful basketball team!

Eight

Not sure it’s fair to dig up threads from 2021 after a win in 2022.

We gonna dig up the “lifetime contract for GP” posts from 2014?

Happy for the improved program and big wins this year!!

think it is fair to discuss because the original post was started really not that long ago, this season i believe, in december of 2021.

heck, where this teams was just over a month ago after the dreadful loss at home to texas or roughly a week after that and the bad loss at home to kstate this group looked like a team that would struggle to compete in these last two games let alone win them in the fashion they did win.

the frogs didn't go crazy from behind the arc or shoot exceptionally well. they continued to rebound well in a group, continued to defend well, and suddenly got more aggressive attacking on the offensive end.

as many have pointed out in the various threads after last night baugh, miller, peavy, and cork have suddenly found something that wasn't there 4-5 weeks ago. for some reason in the tech win the frogs seemed to decide in their half court offense not to let tech push them all the way out on the perimeter and to attack.

why the buy in then? why this group and not the other teams the past 4-5 years that have had those same problems.

who knows exactly why one group bonds together and others never do. what is apparent after winning two games like that back to back is they weren't flukes, this team believes in dixon and themselves, truly believes through tough moments on the courts, believes in becoming roles players instead of stars in some cases, and that is something we haven't seen in this program in 4+ years

FrogBall09

So in two weeks we go from projected #9 seed to projected first four out and people are freaking out, calling for JD to be fired

Then we win back to backs against ranked teams for the first time in TCU basketball history and we are back to get the statue mold finished because we are dancing!

Where are we if we lose out the season, lose the first game in the B12 tourney and then are 1 and done in the Dance?

Or if we make a deep run in either the B12 and NCAAs?

2 games doesn’t change the past but it does give a foundation for hope - and that should always be balanced with do we really have another option that would be any better fit for TCU?

Eight

So in two weeks we go from projected #9 seed to projected first four out and people are freaking out, calling for JD to be fired

Then we win back to backs against ranked teams for the first time in TCU basketball history and we are back to get the statue mold finished because we are dancing!

Where are we if we lose out the season, lose the first game in the B12 tourney and then are 1 and done in the Dance?

Or if we make a deep run in either the B12 and NCAAs?

2 games doesn’t change the past but it does give a foundation for hope - and that should always be balanced with do we really have another option that would be any better fit for TCU?

response to your question on losses i would guess it depends on how we see this team play. play their arses off, compete, and still lose because say kansas is pissed at home or huggy announces he is retiring and wvu goes nuts to send him off are completely different scenarios than if the team goes brain dead again, doesn't compete, loses its aggressiveness on the offensive end, players become selfish again, and general reversion of the progress we have seen in the last two weeks

the issue for me with dixon wasn't a single game this year or a stretch of games this year, but instead of continuation of the same fog that has been over HIS program for 4-5 years and i stress HIS because it was HIS recruits that were turnover at a very high rate and HIS staff that changed over as well

the only constant during that stretch was poor half court offense, some poor coaching decisions at end of game, and highly regarded recruits that for some reason never seemed to develop let alone stay around

i have read multiple people say tcu is lucky to have tcu, but i would say he was lucky to be at a school that has given him this many years to sort some things out. highly doubt ucla would have been very happy with a sub .500 conference record and doubt there would have been no media scrutiny in la

agree that what we have seen in how those games were won is signs that something has taken hold in this squad that for some reason(s) hasn't in the last 4-5 years. maybe it was talent, chemistry, how the message has been delivered, don't know but something has definitely changed from not just a few weeks ago but the past seasons and that i agree is reason to be optimistic

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I really like Jamie as a person. He’s a good guy. For that reason and because I’m a fan I want him to succeed. I could not be happier for him and the team. There’s a better than zero chance that last night was the K St game for GP in reverse. I said at the beginning of the year I wasn’t sure the wins would be there but this team will be fun to watch. I’m so pleased they are both fun to watch and having remarkable success

response to your question on losses i would guess it depends on how we see this team play. play their arses off, compete, and still lose because say kansas is pissed at home or huggy announces he is retiring and wvu goes nuts to send him off are completely different scenarios than if the team goes brain dead again, doesn't compete, loses its aggressiveness on the offensive end, players become selfish again, and general reversion of the progress we have seen in the last two weeks

the issue for me with dixon wasn't a single game this year or a stretch of games this year, but instead of continuation of the same fog that has been over HIS program for 4-5 years and i stress HIS because it was HIS recruits that were turnover at a very high rate and HIS staff that changed over as well

the only constant during that stretch was poor half court offense, some poor coaching decisions at end of game, and highly regarded recruits that for some reason never seemed to develop let alone stay around

i have read multiple people say tcu is lucky to have tcu, but i would say he was lucky to be at a school that has given him this many years to sort some things out. highly doubt ucla would have been very happy with a sub .500 conference record and doubt there would have been no media scrutiny in la

agree that what we have seen in how those games were won is signs that something has taken hold in this squad that for some reason(s) hasn't in the last 4-5 years. maybe it was talent, chemistry, how the message has been delivered, don't know but something has definitely changed from not just a few weeks ago but the past seasons and that i agree is reason to be optimistic
Hard to argue with the bolded part!

Rose Bowl

Sports fans in general are very knee jerk but I do believe that TCU folks take it to an extreme. Most people who played or really know sports don’t get as high or low after each game. Whether Jamie is a good coach or not shouldn’t be the question it should be has he put together a competent squad and have they developed. The answer in this case is a resounding yes.