• The KillerFrogs

FIRE JAMIE DIXON TONIGHT

OmniscienceFrog

Your opinion is yours, and I’m not concerned with changing it.

Still waiting for someone to tell me what’s he done here or what about him is worth keeping other than a sub .500 conference record.
For one thing he's a vast improvement over the coaches that were here the 15 years before he arrived. If you want to see "trash" results, I think you might want to peruse those 15 years.

bp4tcu

So based on those guidelines, any coach that is not in the top 20 every year is a trash coach. Considering the quality in the Big 12 with half the conference often in the top 20, that is a tall order, and it leaves about 95% of college coaches as trash. Leaves CJD in pretty good company.

This also needs to consider that TCU has the worst basketball tradition in the conference, making it even harder to compete without cheating.
So we just accept mediocrity because we’ve always been like that? Give me a break. And I’m not staying he needs to be top 20 every year. But surely if he’s a good as y’all want to defend, he would have at least one season with a game above .500 in conference play.

If y’all are ok with NIT appearances or less, then I can’t help you. He’s not getting it done here, plain and simple.

SuperTFrog

Your opinion is yours, and I’m not concerned with changing it.

Still waiting for someone to tell me what’s he done here or what about him is worth keeping other than a sub .500 conference record.
Did my post not resonate at all? The first 4 years in the big 12 we averaged 2 wins per year. Since he has been here we’ve averaged 7.25 wins. Would you say that something he has done here? That is a 360% improvement in conference compared to the previous coaches. That seems like doing something to me.

Rose Bowl

I think using the term trash is really unacceptable. He is a great person and does things the right way. If you mean he isn’t a very good basketball coach in 2021 then I agree with you. He did pretty good with the former coach’s players but the guys he’s recruited aren’t setting the world on fire. It’s time for him to start getting us to the tourney on, at least on a semi regular basis.

Big Frog II

I think Jamie had us on the right path until that disastrous trip to Hawaii. Don’t know the full story but the problems that occurred during and after that trip set this team back a number of years. As I have said before we have a lot of good young talent we just need to see progress. Fans are restless.

flyfishingfrog

Jamie wins more than we did before him - that part is pure math and not debatable

I think the issue is twofold - there is a lot of really good basketball being played in the B12 - Baylor, Kansas, Texas, Tech - are all really good teams

So that results in 1) it being harder for us to win period because the conference is so deep and 2) everyone to wonder why we can’t be one of those teams when they have all had bad times before just like us

maybe the game has passed by JDs approach - or maybe we aren’t recruiting the guys that fit his scheme or maybe the guys aren’t as good as we thought

Or maybe some of all 3...hard to know in this conference at the moment

Last edited:

Rose Bowl

I think Jamie had us on the right path until that disastrous trip to Hawaii. Don’t know the full story but the problems that occurred during and after that trip set this team back a number of years. As I have said before we have a lot of good young talent we just need to see progress. Fans are restless.
So you think the coaches have changed how they coach? RJ and Kevin are the only two scholarship guys on the roster who were on that trip so it sounds like you believe the coaches have changed how they instruct the team.

I don’t think Jamie has done a very good job of roster building. His system is so dependent on a point who plays down hill and handles the ball and yet he hasn’t recruited one. His system works better when he has a big that can make a shot from 15+ feet. Hoping the Doumbia youngster can provide some of that. We have good talent but they seem to not fit together.

Bottom line is the more games we play the less it looks like Jamie is going to be the guy to make us a winner.

Eight

curious what changed with this team the past 7-10 days.

maybe it was simply miles' wrist healing, but miller and baugh have been much more aggressive attacking the basket

Eight

It's the toughest bball conference in the country... no freebies. Team just had to get healthy, continue to gel, and find the right rotation... we are a solid 5th in the conference.

think the 5th place rankings is solid when you go back and look at the 3-4 games this team could have won in conference play.

not farfetched that this team could have had the first winning record in b12 play. still could, pulling the double of kansas in a week with the second in lawrence is going to be tough. sweep of wvu is very possible if the frogs follow this recent trend and that puts them at 9-9 which ties their big 12 best record