• The KillerFrogs

FIRE JAMIE DIXON TONIGHT

Wexahu

actually, the inability to consistently make shoots is one of the reason they are losing and after watching gonzaga play last night in an ugly game for them in which they had 18 turnovers and still dropped 93 on pepperdine i am not sure what the frogs work on in practice.

serious question as a number of players don't get better handling the ball, they are shooting 43% from the floor and 34% from 3 and they haven't played tech, texas, or wvu yet.

does practice look like the scene in hoosiers where the players in preseason drills are shuffling between folding chairs?

I've often wondered what goes on in practice too. The games start and there doesn't seem to be much of a plan.

bp4tcu

He should have been fired a long time ago. He's trash.

I fear what Tech may do to us next week. They're getting hot and their D is SALTY.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Trailing 24 against a mediocre OU team without their best player.

Zero creativity on offense beyond the pick and roll.

Yes this deserves its own thread and yes fire him now.

We used to be dead last in conference... should we be eternally happy with now only finishing 9th?

we can do better and I’m not sure JD wants to be here anyway.

Well, get used to it. Frogs are about to lose
Trailing 24 against a mediocre OU team without their best player.

Zero creativity on offense beyond the pick and roll.

Yes this deserves its own thread and yes fire him now.

We used to be dead last in conference... should we be eternally happy with now only finishing 9th?

we can do better and I’m not sure JD wants to be here anyway.

Get used to it. Frog BB is about to lose 12 in a row!!.,

bp4tcu

Saying that Dixon is trash, is as inappropriate statement, that I have ever heard. Anyone saying that is uneducated, at best. Saddens me that TCU, even attracts, someone that is so low class!
Perhaps you’re comfortable with his 29-43 conference record. I’m not. That’s a trash record. He’s not had ONE season with a winning conference record. He’s well on his way again this year sitting at 2-4. Well done, JD. Why is this acceptable?

What has he really done here? An NIT Championship? Congrats on the tallest midget award. He’s accomplished nothing here and it’s time for him to

bp4tcu

Not living up to expectations and trash are 2 totally different things. Poor choice of words.
I’m not saying it as a person. I’ve met him a number of times and was nothing but nice. I like him as a person. But as a coach, he’s trash. Prove me wrong.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I’m not saying it as a person. I’ve met him a number of times and was nothing but nice. I like him as a person. But as a coach, he’s trash. Prove me wrong.
Didn't he take a team to the Final 4 at Pitt? Has he not taken teams to the field of 64 a few times? It is evident that he has the knowledge and coaching skills to do so, as he has done it in the past.

Hiring him, based on that record, was not a leap of faith. It was a pretty sound move given the evidence available at the time.

Now that we have had several seasons with what have been termed good recruiting classes, we have had fairly awful results. This season is now spiraling down, and the team is seemingly not even really trying.

What happened? What changed? Difficult to say. But, the results are impossible to argue. Other guys have managed to walk into awful situations in the BIGXII and build a winner. Why not Dixon?

I can't see him staying on much longer, considering how disappointing his teams have been. But, he is by no means "trash." That word brings up slithering filth like Dave Bliss, and Dixon is not at all in that category.

netty2424

Perhaps you’re comfortable with his 29-43 conference record. I’m not. That’s a trash record. He’s not had ONE season with a winning conference record. He’s well on his way again this year sitting at 2-4. Well done, JD. Why is this acceptable?

What has he really done here? An NIT Championship? Congrats on the tallest midget award. He’s accomplished nothing here and it’s time for him to [ get out of here ].
He’s also an alum so have some scheissing respect. I’m fine with you making a case one way or another, but talking about him like that on a public forum is pretty scheissing sorry.

SuperTFrog

Saying that Dixon is trash, is as inappropriate statement, that I have ever heard. Anyone saying that is uneducated, at best. Saddens me that TCU, even attracts, someone that is so low class!
There is some irony in calling someone uneducated using that sentence structure...

I do agree with the sentiment though. Completely unacceptable to call him a trash coach. We have better players and are winning more games than we did before Dixon got there. Are we winning as much as we expected after the first few seasons? No. Here is a brief history lesson on how we did before he got to TCU. A lot of those years were in the MWC and CUSA against far inferior competition.

We won 8 games TOTAL in our first 4 years in the Big 12. He has averaged 7.25 wins in the Big 12 PER YEAR since he got here.

4A1AC17B-1D10-4D17-A95D-9562514371BA.jpeg

OmniscienceFrog

I’m not saying you are trash as a person. I’ve never met you, so I have no idea if you are generally nice. Not sure if I'd like you as a person or not. But as a poster, you're trash. Prove me wrong.

bp4tcu

Didn't he take a team to the Final 4 at Pitt? Has he not taken teams to the field of 64 a few times? It is evident that he has the knowledge and coaching skills to do so, as he has done it in the past.

Hiring him, based on that record, was not a leap of faith. It was a pretty sound move given the evidence available at the time.

Now that we have had several seasons with what have been termed good recruiting classes, we have had fairly awful results. This season is now spiraling down, and the team is seemingly not even really trying.

What happened? What changed? Difficult to say. But, the results are impossible to argue. Other guys have managed to walk into awful situations in the BIGXII and build a winner. Why not Dixon?

I can't see him staying on much longer, considering how disappointing his teams have been. But, he is by no means "trash." That word brings up slithering filth like Dave Bliss, and Dixon is not at all in that category.
I’m talking purely abut what he’s done at TCU, which is nothing.

bp4tcu

I’m not saying you are trash as a person. I’ve never met you, so I have no idea if you are generally nice. Not sure if I'd like you as a person or not. But as a poster, you're trash. Prove me wrong.
Your opinion is yours, and I’m not concerned with changing it.

Still waiting for someone to tell me what’s he done here or what about him is worth keeping other than a sub .500 conference record.

Endless Purple

Still waiting for someone to tell me what’s he done here or what about him is worth keeping other than a sub .500 conference record.

So based on those guidelines, any coach that is not in the top 20 every year is a trash coach. Considering the quality in the Big 12 with half the conference often in the top 20, that is a tall order, and it leaves about 95% of college coaches as trash. Leaves CJD in pretty good company.

This also needs to consider that TCU has the worst basketball tradition in the conference, making it even harder to compete without cheating.