• The KillerFrogs

Fire Cumbie now

Eight

Sure, seems obvious doesn't it? Could it happen on the coaching situation, yes, but will it happen, no.

Let's enlarge the 4 team playoff teams and look at the final top 10. Would any of these top 10 teams hire any of our position coaches for their position needs? On offense, I would think, no. On defense, maybe, well after second thought, no.

GP, we are light years from the final 4 and we all understand the propaganda coming out at the time the new stadium was being built that a NC could be won here. Well, maybe so, but extremely doubtful.

Can we win the Big 12 on a reasonable time schedule? Absolutely, and why shouldn't we, but not without change. The conference is getting stronger and we are becoming less of a championship threat to the rest of the league.

i agree that there are challenges faced by the program and i have not been shy about speaking my frustration with gary on some matters, but i think it is important right now to consider what concerns need to be addressed right now versus those that can be addressed later.

this roster has very specific needs that regardless of who is on the coaching staff pose to cause problems again unless they are addressed in this recruiting class and with transfers

the frogs have to get real depth at defensive end, they have to find bodies at the guard position, and they have to find a dependable receiver. the time is passed to simply hope for someone to emerge in the off season and take flyers on overlooked recruits.

this means holding onto the class they have right now and adding key pieces and to do that means having all hands on deck in recruiting and working the transfer portal.

yes, herman fired his dc, but he also kept his two best recruiters on defense in washington and navier. he also fired his buddy who was one of their wr coaches and basically shelved meekins because he doesn't need him for his ties to the high school coaches with bob shipley on his staff. additionally, he put carrington back on staff as an assistant to go recruit and he is basically the guy who is in touch with the horns recruits and commits on a regular basis.

gary doesn't have those options. whether he should or not is a moot point because right now the only dominoes he has to play are the ones he drew from the shake

he has the staff he has to cover a great deal of ground in a short time trying to hold together this class and add some key pieces.

once this is done, yes, he has some issues he needs to address on the offensive side of the ball, but does anyone really believe this team can simply change staff and not address the personnel holes at defensive end, guard, and wide receiver for next year

JugbandFrog

I find it frustrating that Cumbie can’t find an identity. Even the simplest plays can be big when one has an identity. Even a simple Tight End Out can be a sure fire call.

yes the receivers suck.

yes the oline sucks.

yes we had a young qb.

How many plays just made sense for us this year? Not many. It doesn’t help players when they don’t know what they are supposed to be, and that is Cumbie’s biggest flaw. Now is that Cumbie, or an arrested development because LHCGP doesn’t know, or let him, be.