• The KillerFrogs

Fall camp thread

MinFrog

He is a soph
200.webp

Froggish

I can guarantee GP would beg teams to try and run down hill at him all day. Even with those small LBs I can count on one hand the number of teams who've actually had any luck outside a few drives doing that. I think we'll be fine against the run. Any OC wanting to have success against GP better figure out how to cross those LBs up in coverage and hit a few over the top

I'm excited: Been wanting to get LVZ on the field as he is defintely one of the best athletes we have. This is clearly a way to get the best back 7 players all on the field at the same time and I think it will work.

Purp

I feel like if our DTs aren’t getting a sack or TFL every third play some people in here are going to lose it.

I remember a few times early last year where people said the DEs weren’t performing
I'm not seeing this as much as a group excited about the possibilities two great DTs will create for young LBs and inexperienced DEs. If teams don't have a double team on Blacklock or Bethley most downs one of those guys may create a ton of havoc behind the LoS, but I don't thinking anybody is expecting both to have double digit sacks. It just doesn't happen from that position hardly ever. But jobs will be simpler around those guys.

CountryFrog

I'm not seeing this as much as a group excited about the possibilities two great DTs will create for young LBs and inexperienced DEs. If teams don't have a double team on Blacklock or Bethley most downs one of those guys may create a ton of havoc behind the LoS, but I don't thinking anybody is expecting both to have double digit sacks. It just doesn't happen from that position hardly ever. But jobs will be simpler around those guys.
You're absolutely right that most people who know anything about football won't complain, but since 90% or more of fans don't know [ Finebaum ] about what they're watching then I totally agree with Jake that there will be lots of people talking about our DT's not being that great when they combine for 6 tackles, 1 TFL, and no sacks against ______.

Banogu was called overrated countless times on here the last couple years.

Froggish

From today's presser

So GP said his top two QBs will both play in the 1Qrt against APB. I think he's going to rotate Delton and Duggan and try to give as little info as possible to Purdue. He wants to try and preserve the mystery for 1 more week. I'm guessing that both will rotate and neither will go after the 1Q so that meens Collins, Downing, and JR are all probably going to get run....

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I'm wondering if the "real" starting QB, i.e. the guy who we want to take the most snaps against Purdue, is going to be not named starter tomorrow.

Froggish

I'm wondering if the "real" starting QB, i.e. the guy who we want to take the most snaps against Purdue, is going to be not named starter tomorrow.
Wouldn't surprise me. I think we are going to see a whole game of back up players. I bet at least 6 starters don't even play and those that do go 1Q at the most...

4th. down

This has to be the most athletic team we have put on the field, right?

I think it would be close to it at least for the 1st. team offense/defense. After that, a dramatic drop off. That's why this is the year, so GP has to figure out a way to beat OU at least once, but that's the rub, Riley is 33-3 in the Big 12 conference games.