• The KillerFrogs

Ed Wesley Update

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Interesting fact about Ed Wesley. He apparently attended Virginia Tech and is from North Carolina

Gotta love that Cowboys media guide fact checker

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/roster/Ed-Wesley/f98f6824-4519-4e05-b883-2ff150a02739

Limey Frog

That's about typical of the level of awareness Cowboys-centric media types have of TCU football, isn't it?

Why I will never cheer for the 'Boys.

angelo's frog

Bryan Broaddus has been very complimentary on Twitter re: Ed's performance so far in camp. He mentioned him 3 times yesterday. For example: "Ed Wesley is more than a one cut runner, have been impressed with his ability to see the hole then get to it. Has good moves in open field" Broaddus thinks the Cowboys will keep 3 RB's + 1, maybe 2, on the practice squad.

Atom

Phillip Tanner will be hard to beat out for Cowboys' third RB spot, says Stephen Jones

The Cowboys brought in two running backs to compete with him, but Phillip Tanner is going to be hard to beat out for the third spot, Stephen Jones says....

....The Cowboys signed Lance Dunbar and Ed Wesley to free-agent contracts to compete with him. Wesley replaced Darrell Scott, who failed his physical.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/07/phillip-tanner-will-be-hard-to-beat-out-for-cowboys-third-rb-spot-says-stephen-jones.html#storylink=cpy​

The rest here:

http://sportsblogs.s...phen-jones.html

In all fairness, according to TCU's media guide, we lost the bowl game last year to Louisiana Tech.

WYE9U.jpg

SnoSki

That's about typical of the level of awareness Cowboys-centric media types have of TCU football, isn't it?

Why I will never cheer for the 'Boys.

I'll cheer for em but Dallas may as well be Washigton DC for all I care. Probably the least Texan of all Texas cities.

tetonfrog

Did I read that Jones flunked his physical? That may help Ed. At least he is in a camp. If Dallas lets him go, he might get a chance somewhere else.

Limp Lizard

Jones flunked his fitness test. Somethink like 2 sets of 10 60-yard dashes under a set time. Can't practice until he passes the test.

Will get a chance to pass in about a week.

jack the frog

On the business of him making money, what's the pay structure all about? Small signing bonus and then nothing till game checks? Preseason games checks maybe? Hope he is making some money up-front for the family.

tcuhf93

Demarco is a beast.

Felix is demoted to "remedial running" and he gets injured eating breakfast.

Tanner was good in preseason but injury proned as well.

Ed has a shot and will get reps in preseason. I love actually having a reason to watch a preseason game. Any football will do right now.

PurplePutt

Is there an address to contact the stupid Cowboys to have them correct this stupid error? Would be glad to pay them a visit but don't have the engergy to look it up myself. I grew up with the Cowboys. Watched them in black and white every Sunday when Eddie LaBaron was the QB. Subscribed to the newsletter for years when in AF overseas. Could care less about them or the NFL now (except for our Frogs who are in the NFL making us proud). Screw the Cowboys and Screw Jerry Jones.