• The KillerFrogs

Duggan Cut By Chargers

Wexahu

Believe what you want, but that is wrong. Not every team will carry 3 QBs.
Not familiar with all the rules but I think because of what happened to SF last year they are letting teams dress an extra QB. If that’s the case, I’m pretty sure they’ll all have 3 for every game. It’d be kinda dumb not too.

Might effectively eliminate the practice squad QB though.

Froggy Style

Unless he's cut... I wish our fans would stop over hyping players. It was a miracle he was even drafted. He's a practice squad level NFL talent. I love the dude as a frog, but the NFL is a different beast.
it seems like Max's problem is just a bit too inconsistent as a passer. NFL requires precision AND consistency. Max has lapses in practice and some games where his accuracy if off. In college he could overcome it with his legs and will. NFL is not forgiving or patient.

Nothing wrong with your legacy being one of the best college QBs if that's how things end up.

Horny 4 Life

I wish Max luck and hope he gets a shot on a roster or practice squad. However, the few times I've watched him this preseason reminded me of the Natty, he's playing slower than the NFL talent around him. His reads aren't necessarily wrong, but they are slow, and his execution is just a bit behind. His accuracy is erratic and the only time he seems really comfortable is on read options and runs. That doesn't cut it in the NFL.

Sangria Wine

No disrespect to a TCU legend, but made a big mistake…he should have come back and cashed big NIL checks this year. He’d have made more money at TCU than he’s going to make in a secondary league or emergency QB role. I said it at the time he declared for the draft. Pre-NIL it was a no brainer to try to capitalize on the huge season but the game and the rules are changing. Players will figure this out and college sports will hopefully get more superstar returnees.

Chico Dusty

Not familiar with all the rules but I think because of what happened to SF last year they are letting teams dress an extra QB. If that’s the case, I’m pretty sure they’ll all have 3 for every game. It’d be kinda dumb not too.

Might effectively eliminate the practice squad QB though.

Yes. I understand that. However, it’s still a roster spot and depending on many variables - some teams will still opt to have 2 QBs on the roster to fill other needs. What happened to SF last year was a rare occurrence. There are already teams locked in with 2 QBs on their active roster entering the season. So as I said, it is wrong to say all teams will carry 3 QBs. That’s not debatable.

ShreveFrog

Really surprised the Chargers did not pick up Grier or some other cut QB. Max remains the 3rd qb. I hope he has a great season of development on the PS. As I said before, I believe he'll surpass Stick. That's just what my eyeballs say.
Edit: Grier signed to Bengals PS.