• The KillerFrogs

Doctson

Moose Stuff

Hoosierfrog said:
Just had a big discussion on XM about how ESPN just ran with something one person didn't hear right. The XM guys all said they understood correctly. You'd think there would've been a follow up question if someone thought he said out for the year, but there wasn't. This was Neuheisel so you know he would have followed up.
Bingo. One extra question or one follow up phone call is all it would have taken to avoid this. Don't apologize and don't say GP misspoke....... Instead just tell the truth...... I was in a big hurry to be the first guy to report this and because of that I royally screwed up. In the future I'll try not to suck so badly at my job".

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
As it turns out it was Chris Childers, Neuheisel's co-host and co-moron who can't speak without yelling, who tweeted out GP said he was out for the year. He's a big ND wanker and probably couldn't care enough to listen what he was actually saying.

Jack Arrute was all over him about not hearing 'in' and quoting 'out'. But then chastised GP about 'enunciating' better?!?

This the most 'non-negative TCU talk on XM I've heard all year...

Frog DJ

Reporting wrong information that results in a firestorm of rebuttals and retractions creates buzz, and today's media is not about accuracy - it's about clicks, likes and followers.

So long as you deliver those three things (and deliver it all before anyone else), the truth is irrelevant, and the big wigs in New York will deem you star-worthy.

I've been a member of the media for over 50 years, and I'm ashamed of how it has disintegrated.

Go Frogs!

tcudoc said:
Someone quickly redefine the red zone as any spot on either side of the 50 yard line.

The moon has aligned with hormones and my wife will be in the red zone for a week or so.  Good thing I didn't have anyone target my wrist.

TooColdU said:
The media is just full of corporate shills nowadays. Remember the days when you didn't need a degree to learn how to not be afraid to ask questions and get to the bottom of something?

Maybe Ted Cruz should shut up and let those Mexicans with journalism degrees across the Rio Grande.

frognutz

Hoosierfrog said:
As it turns out it was Chris Childers, Neuheisel's co-host and co-moron who can't speak without yelling, who tweeted out GP said he was out for the year. He's a big ND wanker and probably couldn't care enough to listen what he was actually saying.

Jack Arrute was all over him about not hearing 'in' and quoting 'out'. But then chastised GP about 'enunciating' better?!?

This the most 'non-negative TCU talk on XM I've heard all year...

Those XM shows have usually given TCU a pretty big benefit of the doubt compared to the 4 letter network.

Horny4TCU

I am so confused, as I'm sure the KU coaching staff is, as well. Between trying to figure out football and XM radio, they have their work cut out for them... 

But just so I am understanding correctly, Doctson is playing Saturday... right?