• The KillerFrogs

Doctson

Horny4TCU

X rayed, but stayed at the game. So not a break. Could be a ligament, or sprain. Bet he sits out KU and comes back for OU. 

Moose Stuff

Horny4TCU said:
X rayed, but stayed at the game. So not a break. Could be a ligament, or sprain. Bet he sits out KU and comes back for OU. 
GP said post game that it wasn't Xrayed at the game. Where are you getting this from?

Horny4TCU

Moose Stuff said:
GP said post game that it wasn't Xrayed at the game. Where are you getting this from?
Radio. I listened to the game and I heard they Xrayed at the game... unless I miss heard which is possible.

Moose Stuff

Horny4TCU said:
Radio. I listened to the game and I heard they Xrayed at the game... unless I miss heard which is possible.
It's just as possible that GP just blurted out the first thing that popped into his head or purposely ran a misdirection so nobody would have a clue what was going on.

Shadow Dweller

People kept saying he was moving it around on the sidelines, if it was broken, that wouldn't have happened.  Also likely wouldn't have been allowed, by GP, to stay on the sidelines in pads.  I'm betting Horney's guess is right.  Sidelines for KU and back for OU.

Horny4TCU

On a slightly related note... I hurt my wrist boxing. Spent a year with a nagging injury. Turned out to be a TFCC tear. Took 6 months in a static cast to heal. It hurt just to turn a door knob, and I dealt with that for a year... 

Side note, still could be active and had no effect on overall strength. But the effect it had on normal things and mundane tasks was astounding. 

frognutz

Horny4TCU said:
On a slightly related note... I hurt my wrist boxing. Spent a year with a nagging injury. Turned out to be a TFCC tear. Took 6 months in a static cast to heal. It hurt just to turn a door knob, and I dealt with that for a year... 

Side note, still could be active and had no effect on overall strength. But the effect it had on normal things and mundane tasks was astounding. 

That would seriously impact quality of life 4-5 times a week.

Frog79

Horny4TCU said:

I hope you are right but I wouldn't assume that.  It could still be broken.   On the replay it looked like his lower forearm bowed a bit at impact which makes a fracture of one or both bones (radius and ulna) very possible.

ETXFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
I broke my left wrist when i played. I finsihed the game and practiced the whole next week. I could catch the ball fine, but what hurt it was taking hits an falling to the ground. Just my two cents

OICU812

Horny4TCU said:

Best argument yet for "cross-training."  i.E., using the other hand.

Chico Dusty

The crazy thing for me is I remember saying "get down" when he caught it - it was one of those catches you catch with no momentum, with nowhere to go and 3 or 4 defenders closing in. And I think he did get down and by doing that he put his arm on the ground to do just that - thus causing the injury. Tough pill to swallow. I hope he's okay!