• The KillerFrogs

Doctson

Volare

Jake102 said:
Sounds like GP, Briles, Stoops and Gundy need to join arms, grab Klatt and go hellfire on the CFP and ESPN. Possibly grab some Pac friends to join also
How about we just get the Big 12 and a few other conferences to secede from the CFP charade?

Purp

Jake102 said:
Sounds like GP, Briles, Stoops and Gundy need to join arms, grab Klatt and go hellfire on the CFP and ESPN. Possibly grab some Pac friends to join also
I'm not interested in seeing GP locking arms with anyone who could keep an indicted rapist on campus for an entire year with the intent to play him or with someone who would invite a man back onto his team after he crushed a girl's face.

Bruce Berry

UPDATED 2:11 p.m. ET: There seems to be some confusion as to exactly what Patterson said during the radio interview, with the interviewer himself uncertain as well.
Too funny.

riffram2011

The audio is indeed a little confusing. Can see how XM misinterpreted. Problem is the news outlets doing no confirming themselves. Not even listening to the audio themselves. No asking of someone from the SID. Hell, I was a reporter for the Skiff and I have Gary's phone number. Not that hard to get in contact with him (though you may make an enemy out of Mark Cohen if you did that).

A mistake happened, and bad journalism compounded the mistake.

f_399

Bruce Berry said:

UPDATED 2:11 p.m. ET: There seems to be some confusion as to exactly what Patterson said during the radio interview, with the interviewer himself uncertain as well.
Too funny.

Coach P must be loving this lol

riffram2011 said:
The audio is indeed a little confusing. Can see how XM misinterpreted. Problem is the news outlets doing no confirming themselves. Not even listening to the audio themselves. No asking of someone from the SID. Hell, I was a reporter for the Skiff and I have Gary's phone number. Not that hard to get in contact with him (though you may make an enemy out of Mark Cohen if you did that).

A mistake happened, and bad journalism compounded the mistake.

Text him my best wishes, please.

Dogfrog

YA said:
Patterson slaming College football committee. Says no way they can watch all the games with their old school bias.

Says ESPN game day is same way. Like days of our lives. They play the roles and change the next day. Specifically mentioned Kirk Herbretert and the 1st downs. Said they are just full of it.
Glad he's commenting. Wish he would go on to say that he fully expects Herbie to get his feathers ruffled over these comments and take it out on TCU because that's how he uses his bully pulpit. Let the sparks fly. That's the only way to flesh this out. We've seen what remaining silent did for us.

82Frog

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-12%20at%201.25.16%20PM_zpsb3xiovlp.png

DaCrief

Hoosierfrog said:
I heard the interview and it was clear to me GP said "he will be gone IN 3 games and a bowl". Why would anyone think he was out when he mention a bowl.

yeah hes been using variations of this line all week. Dunno how thats confusing. He will be gone next year so we need to figure out how to win with him less than 100% anyway. 

Purp

Hoosierfrog said:
I heard the interview and it was clear to me GP said "he will be gone IN 3 games and a bowl". Why would anyone think he was out when he mention a bowl.
ESPN alert just told me Patterson misspoke, but it sounds like everyone else misheard.

ShreveFrog

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I misheard what Gary Patterson said earlier and I apologize for erroneously reporting it.&#10; &#10;Here&#39;s what he said:&#10; &#10;<a href="https://t.co/kx7JsBrueH">https://t.co/kx7JsBrueH</a></p>&mdash; Chris Childers (@ChildersRadio) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChildersRadio/status/664890380643627011">November 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ShreveFrog

^^^ Sorry embedding that Tweet didn't go so well. But that's Christ Childers saying: "I misheard what Gary Patterson said earlier and I apologize for erroneously reporting it."

Then there's a link to audio.