• The KillerFrogs

Did anyone hear on the ticket this morning...

Deep Purple

ftwfrog said:
Deeeeeeeep!

GsPwWmV.jpg

So you really don't really understand what a straw man is, but if you just indiscriminately accuse any you disagree with of using it, maybe it'll stick?

I'd guess you're right.  Most here don't understand  what a straw man is either -- though they use it a lot -- so they'll probably just buy into what you say.

cf4ecff19343b94f5911cd5c3ad8bf631493b898f3d8cd7c19a937bd46c204f7.jpg

Deep Purple

smilin said:
Our athletic director or his underling should have paved the way by offering to meet the person with the keys at 5 am to help open and set up.

Exactly.  Our athletic director is a hopeless, incompetent boob who doesn't have a clue what he's doing.  He hasn't gotten us anywhere.  He's just leading us back to the athletic wasteland of the 1970s.  If only he'd listen to the many geniuses on this board.

Deep Purple

frogs9497 said:
A bit ironic, because I don't think the approach we took here is the same approach that got us where we are now. 

When he was the underdog, John D. Rockerfeller got where he eventually got to be by compromising a lot.  One of the men he compromised with as Andrew Carnegie.  But once Rockerfeller achieved some success, even though he wasn't yet at his pinnacle, he went on to even greater success by challenging the powers-that-be.  He even challenged Andrew Carnegie -- and won.  The rich and the powerful simply couldn't afford to ignore him or exploit him anymore.

At that point, Rockerfeller changed his game.  He no longer negotiated from a position of weakness, he dealt from a position of strength.  By the time he was finished, Carnegie was asking Rockefeller for deal terms -- not the other way around.

Some of you think TCU is permanently stuck in the 70s-90s.  In your book, we should never change our approach, no matter how the times and circumstances have changed.  We should continue to deal from a position of weakness.  But TCU isn't weak anymore.  TCU has changed a lot from 20-30 years ago.  The entire college football landscape has changed a lot in that time.

Get with the times.  Learn to adapt.  Shake off your ossified attitude.  It's is a new day.

frogs9497

Deep Purple said:

When he was the underdog, John D. Rockerfeller got where he eventually got to be by compromising a lot.  One of the men he compromised with as Andrew Carnegie.  But once Rockerfeller achieved some success, even though he wasn't yet at his pinnacle, he went on to even greater success by challenging the powers-that-be.  He even challenged Andrew Carnegie -- and won.  The rich and the powerful simply couldn't afford to ignore him or exploit him anymore.

At that point, Rockerfeller changed his game.  He no longer negotiated from a position of weakness, he dealt from a position of strength.  By the time he was finished, Carnegie was asking Rockefeller for deal terms -- not the other way around.

Some of you think TCU is permanently stuck in the 70s-90s.  In your book, we should never change our approach, no matter how the times and circumstances have changed.  We should continue to deal from a position of weakness.  But TCU isn't weak anymore.  TCU has changed a lot from 20-30 years ago.  The entire college football landscape has changed a lot in that time.

Get with the times.  Learn to adapt.  Shake off your ossified attitude.  It's is a new day.

C'mon Deep.  You can't [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] and [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]ter. 

We weren't flexing our muscles when the Ticket called.  Flexing is not what killed the event.

We sure seemed to be opposite of nimble. No real consequences, fortunately.

Boomhauer

Deep Purple said:

Agree, our position of strength has enabled us to negotiate a partial share of the Big 12 money.

Pharm Frog

Deep Purple said:

The%20Gilded%20Age.jpg

tcudoc

If Giordannos is coming to Texas, that is huge.  I eat there every time I am in Chicago.  Best pizza I have ever had.  If given the opportunity to invest and bring a franchise here, I would do it in a heart beat.  They are so good, they will ship you a pie anywhere you want it packed in dry ice.  Pretty pricey (to have it shipped), but very good.

tcudoc

tcudoc said:
If Giordannos is coming to Texas, that is huge.  I eat there every time I am in Chicago.  Best pizza I have ever had.  If given the opportunity to invest and bring a franchise here, I would do it in a heart beat.  They are so good, they will boat you a pie anywhere you want it packed in dry ice.  Pretty pricey (to have it shipped), but very good.
Haha.  They will boat you a pie.

OICU812

If Giordannos is coming to Texas, that is huge.  I eat there every time I am in Chicago.  Best pizza I have ever had.  If given the opportunity to invest and bring a franchise here, I would do it in a heart beat.  They are so good, they will boat you a pie anywhere you want it packed in dry ice.  Pretty pricey (to have it shipped), but very good.
If in Houston, Star Pizza is pretty legit. Dude from Chicago opened it >30 years ago, has since changed hands but still very good. Best I've had in Texas.