• The KillerFrogs

Devonte Fields suspension

asleep003

I think some of you are missing a significant point here. It's the old "death by a thousand cuts notion". How many more times can this "TCU's a druggie school" meme get resurrected with CDP having to go back to all the Texas high school coaches and re-explain why we're not, before the explanation falls on deaf ears, not to mention those parents that hear this sort of news independently from the coach. You can get as defensive about it as you want but it will start to take a toll regardless of whatever your thoughts are.

You may be over thinking/reaching here. So players hickup once in a while and then, no TCU..?.. so they're going to let their kids go to institutions that have 3-4 times the academic/substance issues as TCU, like UT/TT.?.

Cheers !

pgdaly84

What makes you think this has anything to do with drugs?

Name me the major college programs that don't have players who do drugs?

They all have them, but few have been as prominently connected to it in the media as TCU has over the last year. First the drug bust, then Pachall, now our biggest defensive star is popped with a suspension. We are developing a frightening string of high profile, drug related problems. It's easy to pass it off as "college kids do stupid things", but these aren't normal college kids. They are receiving a free education and are the most public representatives of the university. They should be held to a higher standard. If you can't refrain from smoking weed for the good of your team, university, and your own future then you have no business getting a free ride. Just my opinion.

HFrog1999

They all have them, but few have been as prominently connected to it in the media as TCU has over the last year. First the drug bust, then Pachall, now our biggest defensive star is popped with a suspension. We are developing a frightening string of high profile, drug related problems. It's easy to pass it off as "college kids do stupid things", but these aren't normal college kids. They are receiving a free education and are the most public representatives of the university. They should be held to a higher standard. If you can't refrain from smoking weed for the good of your team, university, and your own future then you have no business getting a free ride. Just my opinion.
First of all, I've seen no confirmation that this was drugs. Second, to my knowledge those on academic scholarship don't get tested. So why the double standard?

pgdaly84

First of all, I've seen no confirmation that this was drugs. Second, to my knowledge those on academic scholarship don't get tested. So why the double standard?

Those on academic scholarship don't represent the university in front of millions of people on TV. Like it or not, the football team are the most prominent representatives of TCU. Also, I'd imagine there are very few full ride academic scholarships. Probably fewer than are given to the football team.

As for the confirmation of it being drug related, the pay sites seem to have an awful lot of smoke to lead me to believe there's fire. We'll never get an official admission it was weed.

TCUMed

He was spending too much time #punking kids on @XBoxMadden13. We don't do that here

#comeatme
#LRBWCOTYHCGMFPhatesthehash

My source is twitter for those interested.

Austintxfrog94

If there's one coach that doesn't care what anybody else thinks, it's Les Miles.

So true
11aig6q.jpg