• The KillerFrogs

Devonte Fields suspension

Atomic Frawg

So how do we know it is weed?
Who do you want to hear it from? And this isn't directed just to you, but it seems as if some won't believe it was until it hits the papers. And that's fine and completely understandable. Short of that, it seems folk want people to out their sources. Do people really believe someone's gonna do something like that? So then, does it really matter whether it was weed? For some the answer is yes because of the team's recent history. You'd hope he would know better given the climate. Could it have been academically related, certainly. He presumably did something that the coach felt warranted this suspension. But not everyone on the board is a speculative gossip. Ultimately, this board isn't the place to break news. Hell, even announcing a recruit has received an offer causes an uproar.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Hicks is saying people shouldn't speculate on what he was suspended for. Stefan the beat writer from the Star T doesn't even know. All Stefan said that it was academic reasons. I don't think it was as bad of an offense as Casey's since it is only two games.

Maybe he was the cinematographer for the video of the Showgirl a few months back.

West Coast Johnny

I'm so sick of some of you bozos on here. Blowing things out of proportion...giving up at a drop of a hat....getting worked up over marijuana. Please leave! DF made a mistake (which we all do), he will pay the price (two game suspension), we will still play the game with the soldiers we have and life will go back to normal.

And for you guys getting pissed about marijuana...blame the movies, blame music, blame TV. There isn't a movie these days without weed being smoked. Heck it's legal in 3 states right now with more on the way. To say you will stop donating money to TCU because someone smoked a little grass. I've got news for you. About 30% of America smokes weed. Get over it.
There is nothing wrong with smoking weed, unless it gets it the way of what you want to do. There is a hypocracy to a culture that professes BAM - by any means necessary - when your players aren't disciplined enough to even get on the field. The fan outrage has been well earned by the team on this topic.

Ticket

What would you rather have...smoking some Ganj or drinking and driving?

I know neither is preferable, but I will taking the reef any day of the week!

gofrogs152

Interesting aspect of this, I don't see how Miles can possibly let Hill play now. Patterson suspends Fields for something that doesn't seem as major as what Hill had done, even if the charges are dropped. The backlash would be huge if they let Hill play while Fields is suspended.

I realize it's the SEC and they play by their own rules, but the national media will be all over that.

Taco10

There is nothing wrong with smoking weed, unless it gets it the way of what you want to do. There is a hypocracy to a culture that professes BAM - by any means necessary - when your players aren't disciplined enough to even get on the field. The fan outrage has been well earned by the team on this topic.

Go [Craig James] yourself.

jake102

Interesting aspect of this, I don't see how Miles can possibly let Hill play now. Patterson suspends Fields for something that doesn't seem as major as what Hill had done, even if the charges are dropped. The backlash would be huge if they let Hill play while Fields is suspended.

I realize it's the SEC and they play by their own rules, but the national media will be all over that.

If there's one coach that doesn't care what anybody else thinks, it's Les Miles.

PurplePainD

What would you rather have...smoking some Ganj or drinking and driving?

I know neither is preferable, but I will taking the reef any day of the week!

Not really a fair question - in said hypothetical does the potsmoker get behind the wheel under the influence? Or do you literally mean "while driving"?

Nick Danger

I think some of you are missing a significant point here. It's the old "death by a thousand cuts notion". How many more times can this "TCU's a druggie school" meme get resurrected with CDP having to go back to all the Texas high school coaches and re-explain why we're not, before the explanation falls on deaf ears, not to mention those parents that hear this sort of news independently from the coach. You can get as defensive about it as you want but it will start to take a toll regardless of whatever your thoughts are.

HFrog1999

I think some of you are missing a significant point here. It's the old "death by a thousand cuts notion". How many more times can this "TCU's a druggie school" meme get resurrected with CDP having to go back to all the Texas high school coaches and re-explain why we're not, before the explanation falls on deaf ears, not to mention those parents that hear this sort of news independently from the coach. You can get as defensive about it as you want but it will start to take a toll regardless of whatever your thoughts are.
What makes you think this has anything to do with drugs?

Name me the major college programs that don't have players who do drugs?