• The KillerFrogs

Devonte Fields suspension

jake102

We have a coach that will put anyone into his system and make them succeed. I have faith in GP!

Him and Saban are the two best defensive coaches (and coaches) in college football, but this just isn't true. See 2011 defense. Fobbs could not play the FS position. DE struggled as well.

See the 2012 defense. LB wasn't very good... we struggled there greatly. The rest of the defense was fortunately amazing, but that area was definitely a weakness.

LB will probably be a weakness again this year... with Maponga leaving DE was a question... now with Fields gone, it's a bigger question.

At some point, plugging in players at a multitude of spots doesn't work out.

Rabble Rouser

While I won't really debate the intellect of many from that part of the world, they just don't watch TCU and have no reason too. They know about as much as what went on at TCU last year as a TCU fan knows what went on at Rutgers.

Except we play LSU in the season opener and not Rutgers. I always do research into our week 1 opponents in the offseason unless it is Grambling or something. Tells me their fans have little respect for us, which is fine, that's how we want it.

bscttyb

Him and Saban are the two best defensive coaches (and coaches) in college football, but this just isn't true. See 2011 defense. Fobbs could not play the FS position. DE struggled as well.

See the 2012 defense. LB wasn't very good... we struggled there greatly. The rest of the defense was fortunately amazing, but that area was definitely a weakness.

LB will probably be a weakness again this year... with Maponga leaving DE was a question... now with Fields gone, it's a bigger question.

At some point, plugging in players at a multitude of spots doesn't work out.

Are you always this negative? Yeah it sucks but I have no doubt in our coaches ability to find someone to play in the LSU game. One man does not make a team. Fields would have been doubled team all game anyway. This might give us some opportunities to make some plays on that side of the field now.

Tells me their fans have little respect for us, which is fine, that's how we want it.

Well no [Craig James]. The SEC is too busy with their circle jerk and telling each other how good they are at football. In reality they are average teams with the best team being good enough to beat whatever opponent gets anointed to play them in the MNC.

Are you always this negative? Yeah it sucks but I have no doubt in our coaches ability to find someone to play in the LSU game. One man does not make a team. Fields would have been doubled team all game anyway. This might give us some opportunities to make some plays on that side of the field now.

I love it when someone says something that is 100% accurate facts, as Jake102 did, and someone comes along and says that they're being "negative."

He didn't say we couldn't win the LSU game, just that this adds a question mark that didn't exist before. And, the last two seasons are the perfect illustration of his point.

And, it was a lot easier to hide weaknesses playing in the MWC. Teams like LSU and the upper tier B12 teams have the coaches and athletes to find those weaknesses and take advantage of them.

We need to get a handle on this stuff because it is getting really old really fast.

jake102

Just saying that minimizing the loss of our best (or 2nd) defensive player is silly. Patterson is good, but he can only do so much.

SnoopFrogs11

I was just stating that Coach P has done it before. It doesn't mean we will necessarily lose now though chances may have decreased. The fact is we were underdogs before and Coach P will only use this to rally the defensive players that are already on the team.

Zammers

I'm so sick of some of you bozos on here. Blowing things out of proportion...giving up at a drop of a hat....getting worked up over marijuana. Please leave! DF made a mistake (which we all do), he will pay the price (two game suspension), we will still play the game with the soldiers we have and life will go back to normal.

And for you guys getting pissed about marijuana...blame the movies, blame music, blame TV. There isn't a movie these days without weed being smoked. Heck it's legal in 3 states right now with more on the way. To say you will stop donating money to TCU because someone smoked a little grass. I've got news for you. About 30% of America smokes weed. Get over it.

Now, let's move on and get excited about a possible star who could shine with DF's absence. We needed to find another DE stud anyway, maybe this is our chance. Matt Anderson?

jake102

Whether weed is legal or not, I won't smoke it because my employer doesn't allow it and tests for it. See a similarity?

frognutz

I'm so sick of some of you bozos on here. Blowing things out of proportion...giving up at a drop of a hat....getting worked up over marijuana. Please leave! DF made a mistake (which we all do), he will pay the price (two game suspension), we will still play the game with the soldiers we have and life will go back to normal.

And for you guys getting pissed about marijuana...blame the movies, blame music, blame TV. There isn't a movie these days without weed being smoked. Heck it's legal in 3 states right now with more on the way. To say you will stop donating money to TCU because someone smoked a little grass. I've got news for you. About 30% of America smokes weed. Get over it.

Now, let's move on and get excited about a possible star who could shine with DF's absence. We needed to find another DE stud anyway, maybe this is our chance. Matt Anderson?

I'm going to respond to this post just because its the most convenient and it is nothing against this poster.

I don't think 95% of the frog fans care what this suspension was about (weed, plagarism, poor study habits, poor lane changes, handies from waitresses, etc) the fan-base is so starved to actually see it's best team on the field after last year's meltdown it hurts. We thought we were going to get that against LSU and now it's taken from us again.

Just plain sucks..

As said though, next man up.

Get 'er done. No excuses.

Deep Purple

Because 99% of the time that is what violation of team and university policy means

Really? And you know this how? Really interested in seeing the backup for that dubious statistic.

Patterson is known for handing out 3-game suspensions for second failure of a urinalysis test. He's not known for handing out 2-game suspensions for anything related to drugs. Those suspensions are usually in the province of academics or some other university-related area -- not criminal activity.

So enlighten us, Bonner. Where's your backup?

NewFrogFan

Except we play LSU in the season opener and not Rutgers. I always do research into our week 1 opponents in the offseason unless it is Grambling or something. Tells me their fans have little respect for us, which is fine, that's how we want it.

I am really glad you study the opponents on our schedule. Little over a year ago in Baton Rouge they were still in shock as to how a team that was undefeated got raped in the National Championship game. When they were not talking about that game (they still do and always will), they were talking about any number of ongoing saga's with a 5'9" 175 DB that was a Heisman finalist and his own issues. The QB's own legal issues were still fresh on everyone's mind. So, when the TCU deal went down it didn't really turn as many heads as you would like. Lastly, they have a baseball team right now that is on track to be the best ever at LSU.......since 1991 that is saying alot, so they probably occupy a little "forum" time too. I watched the forum I visit and the DF deal did not even crack the headlines until it was 15 pages or more on this forum. I would imagine the story came from an ESPN source since you have not seen too many LSU fans on this forum yet. It has nothing to do with respect for TCU.

NewFrogFan

I am really glad you study the opponents on our schedule. Little over a year ago in Baton Rouge they were still in shock as to how a team that was undefeated got raped in the National Championship game. When they were not talking about that game (they still do and always will), they were talking about any number of ongoing saga's with a 5'9" 175 DB that was a Heisman finalist and his own issues. The QB's own legal issues were still fresh on everyone's mind. So, when the TCU deal went down it didn't really turn as many heads as you would like. Lastly, they have a baseball team right now that is on track to be the best ever at LSU.......since 1991 that is saying alot, so they probably occupy a little "forum" time too. I watched the forum I visit and the DF deal did not even crack the headlines until it was 15 pages or more on this forum. I would imagine the story came from an ESPN source since you have not seen too many LSU fans on this forum yet. It has nothing to do with respect for TCU.

asleep003

We're probably going to be pretty stable at DE with Koontz, who's always been solid against the run, and possibly Mcfarland at the other side for the 1st 2 games. Tuaua seems to have a huge motor... So we can expect some reasonable quality, until Fields is back.

Cheers !