• The KillerFrogs

Darwin Barlow enters portal

CountryFrog

still have demercado who got the start in game 1 as well as miller and foster.

never really understood the rotation of the backs last year. barlow lead the backs in carries and rushing yards last year, but he only averaged just over 7 carries a game.

evans averaged 6 rushes a game, miller 6 a game, and demercado around 5 a game . had to be tough for the backs to establish any type of rhythm
Damn those are some stupid numbers. Just totally moronic what we did last year with those guys.

back_in_black

Moderators
The emergence of Kendre Miller may have sealed his decision. Foster is a different kind of back and to me is more valuable given we already have Evans and Miller. Hopefully this means Evans gets more carries. Best of luck to Barlow. Hopefully he finds a place where he can be the featured back.

One Frog Nation

I think he saw Evans boat rising and as Purp said he will do well at almost every school in the country. I am sure he sees himself as a #1 RB and it wasn't going to be here. But disappointing, best of luck to him. I think there were a few games last year where we hurt momentum by trying to play all the RBs. One less RB will help give more carries to the others.

In many cases I agree, in this case, I strongly disagree. We absolutely loaded up on RBs, and with the surprise Evans commitment saga, and then Miller being far better than advertised, it quickly became a very crowded room with young RBs. Not to mention Demercado making huge strides. I was hoping either Demercado or Foster would be the transfer, but not shocked. Barlow will start somewhere (unless he chooses Bama or something like that)

Indeed, this was a position with depth. However, consider how the transfer

portal would devastate a position where there is minimal depth.

Chongo94

more than once last fall did they have a back start to get on a roll, sub them out in what appeared to be a predetermined rotation, and things just sputtered

really hope to see a back who is on a roll getting fed next fall

Almost nothing has triggered me more the past few years than this lunacy regarding the RBs and WRs.

Showtime Joe 2.0

"Oh man, I'm sad to see that, I thought he could be a good number two back beh......hold up did he just say 'Horn Frog'??? Meh, goodbye".
I'm not going to mention any names but one of our former gridiron heroes who played for several years in the NFL surprised me one night in a bar by giving me a framed, autographed photo of himself. The photo is an action shot showing him playing in an NFL game and the inscription before his signature reads, "To Joe, my fellow Horn Frog."

All I can say is he made a lot more money during his few years in the pros than I have over the past four decades combined. So, it is what it is. He didn't come to TCU to get an education but to play football. I would lay more of the blame on the 12 years of public "education" that he had before he enrolled at TCU, to tell you the truth. Priorities, Todd, priorities.

In many cases I agree, in this case, I strongly disagree. We absolutely loaded up on RBs, and with the surprise Evans commitment saga, and then Miller being far better than advertised, it quickly became a very crowded room with young RBs. Not to mention Demercado making huge strides. I was hoping either Demercado or Foster would be the transfer, but not shocked. Barlow will start somewhere (unless he chooses Bama or something like that)
Ditto. The kid wants to be the featured back and there are any number of schools where he can be. Best of luck to him