• The KillerFrogs

Darwin Barlow enters portal

Double V

still have demercado who got the start in game 1 as well as miller and foster.

never really understood the rotation of the backs last year. barlow lead the backs in carries and rushing yards last year, but he only averaged just over 7 carries a game.

evans averaged 6 rushes a game, miller 6 a game, and demercado around 5 a game . had to be tough for the backs to establish any type of rhythm
If you watch our team regularly, you should understand completely...This is the strategy:

When playing a team that can't stop the run, throw the ball. If that doesn't work, run the ball with the QB until he's so damn tired he can barely lift his arms. Then, throw the ball some more. Hand off to RBs ONLY on 1st and 10, or occasionally on 3rd and 8. When the D stuffs the play, claim they have stolen your signs. NOTE: Never change the signs...EVER. Playing a team coached by a former coach? Don't change signs. If, by some miracle, one of your stud RBs breaks a long run, pull him because he's probably tired. Then, don't hand off for a while because the D may be expecting that! Instead, call screen passes and QB runs only for the next 7 plays.

Whatever you do, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you try to establish a solid running game with your roster full of stud RBs because, you know...they might, like, fumble or something.

flyfishingfrog

Does anyone think that other teams see a TCU transfer as a big time player? Like we would with an Alabama transfer?
Like Barlow, wish had stayed.

But I would assume other teams see is a guy who was the #2 on a team with a struggling offense - so no I doubt they would be jumping at him the way we would be for Bama's back QB or something

However I am sure there is at least a few coaches that look at our talent on offense and think our staff is full of incompetent idiots that are not using Barlow correctly - and they can turn him into the next Barry Sanders....

The question is who is more correct?