• The KillerFrogs

Da Big Game...game thread

The best commercial last night was the Bud Light commercial that was really a Game of Thrones commercial, where the dragon comes and torches the entire arena. Hilarious.

netty2424

the big winner was those of us who don't drink any bud, miller, or coors products. there is a good reason those companies continue to lose market share to smaller breweries that make better products
Only a matter of time before they’re owned by the big breweries.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Boy ohh Boy is it me or is it a beautiful morning. Sure is nice being a Pats fan. Stoked for Cannon, he played lights out and was one of the best players on the field last night for sure, as he usually is.

How much are we allowed to “use” Marcus Cannon during HS recruit visits to campus? Waking around ACS and oh look there’s Marcus Cannon with his 3 rings.....let’s get a picture.

jake102

I thought it was a brilliantly played game by the defenses, especially the Patriots defense. I expected the Patriots to put together a game plan that would put the burden on Goff to make 3rd and long throws, and it worked to perfection. I was all over the Patriots and the under on this game.

However, I think the Patriots should have won by 20. Brady had a pretty terrible game for his standards, missed tons of throws and tried to force way too many passes. Of course, as always, he was clutch when it mattered. He's the GOAT and it's not really close.

Eight

Only a matter of time before they’re owned by the big breweries.

not everyone sells out and if they do i simply switch brands. drank karbach and when they sold to the evil empire i stopped by their product. local bar stopped selling them as well which i appreciate their effort to support small to mid-size breweries.

lone pint and bale breaker right now

Eight

I thought it was a brilliantly played game by the defenses, especially the Patriots defense. I expected the Patriots to put together a game plan that would put the burden on Goff to make 3rd and long throws, and it worked to perfection. I was all over the Patriots and the under on this game.

However, I think the Patriots should have won by 20. Brady had a pretty terrible game for his standards, missed tons of throws and tried to force way too many passes. Of course, as always, he was clutch when it mattered. He's the GOAT and it's not really close.

the single best image of that game to me was the 1,000 yard stare of the rams' boy offensive genius at the end of the game.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
not everyone sells out and if they do i simply switch brands. drank karbach and when they sold to the evil empire i stopped by their product. local bar stopped selling them as well which i appreciate their effort to support small to mid-size breweries.

lone pint and bale breaker right now
Was able to do the Saint Arnold 'Barrel Room' Tour on Saturday afternoon. Fabulous variations on some already monstrous beers, and the aroma in the barrel room was simply amazing. I had forgotten just how fabulous the Oatwine aged in Rye casks was...

Pharm Frog

Was able to do the Saint Arnold 'Barrel Room' Tour on Saturday afternoon. Fabulous variations on some already monstrous beers, and the aroma in the barrel room was simply amazing. I had forgotten just how fabulous the Oatwine aged in Rye casks was...

I think you have ample ethos on this topic

Eight

st. arnold's has a number of very good beers and done quite well for themselves. long way from when the brewery was in the industrial psrk off 290.

craziest part of the beer market is bud/miller/coors have pushed their prices to where in my mind price isn't an issue when choosing a st. arnold product over a bud or miller product.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I thought the best commercial was the one with all the football legends throwing the golden football around, and that's only partly because LT was running over defenders in it.

"In all, there were 44 NFL greats in the commercial along with football-adjacent personalities such as Gordon, Mowins (the ESPN announcer who became the first woman to do play-by-play of a nationally televised NFL game in 2017), Thomas (the first permanent female official in NFL history) and Ninja (a prominent gamer)."

Full list here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...-stars-nfl-commercial/?utm_term=.81d067192ebe