• The KillerFrogs

Da Big Game...game thread

Zubaz

How so?
Due to it not resembling a Madden Football, 60-53 type game?

Outright sad that so many, so called football fans seem to forget that teams do actually play a thing called defense.
A game that ends 60-53 is bad defense in addition to good offense. A game that ends 13-3 (and is 10-3 with 90 seconds left) is bad offense in addition to good defense.

Case in point, it's not "good defense" that caused Goff to not see wide open receivers, including lofting a pass to a wide open receiver that left enough time for the safety to recover.

Outside of one good Patriots drive, it was some pretty putrid offenses.

Froggish

How so?

Outright sad that so many, so called football fans seem to forget that teams do actually play a thing called defense.
Good defense was played. No doubt...There was a lot of bad offense as well. Both offenses made a ton of mistakes that had nothing to do with the defenses

TooColdU

Don’t fall for that defensive battle narrative. It was more about bad offense once they got into their opponents territory. There was only one red zone opportunity by either team all night.

The Patriots had over 400 yards of offense yet only scored 13 points.

This game had the same amount of yards as the Rams vs Saints, which ended 26-23 in OT.

Last edited:

Double V

LOVE hearing the Pats fans boo Goodell. Only reason I was rooting for Thomas and the gang was because "Deflate-Gate" was such a scheissing farce.

FrogAbroad

How so?

The general Football Viewing Public (not to be confused with fans of the game of football) look only for offensive excitement. Huge scores = a great game. Good defense = BO-ring.

That being the case, here are my suggestions for guaranteeing more exciting entertainment for the FVP:
  • drop from 11-man to 8-man football; that alone will up the scores, plus it will decrease team payrolls and automatically increase owner profits, which logically could be used for more mind-numbing stadia and halftime extravaganzas
  • eliminate kickoffs; after Team A scores Team B gets the ball on their own 25,and eliminates time wasted on kicking the ball out of the endzone. Just cut to the chase and keep things "exciting."
  • play clocks set at 30 seconds; more plays per hour means more scoring
  • no more PAT kicks; 2-point attempts required
  • shorten quarters to 12-minutes; less time to fiddle-fart around with defensive schemes, just score, baby. Oh, this will also shorten the games by 12 real-time minutes, which means the FVP will not have to sit through over three hours of football entertainment, for cryin' out loud, but will still allow plenty of time for merchandisers to advertise all kinds of crap, which generates ad revenues which drives the "sports entertainment bidness," but won't violate the FVP's three-hour event tolerance.
This is just a brief synopsis of what I propose. The complete proposal is on its way to the NCAA and Mr. Goodell.

Paint It Purple

The general Football Viewing Public (not to be confused with fans of the game of football) look only for offensive excitement. Huge scores = a great game. Good defense = BO-ring.

That being the case, here are my suggestions for guaranteeing more exciting entertainment for the FVP:
  • drop from 11-man to 8-man football; that alone will up the scores, plus it will decrease team payrolls and automatically increase owner profits, which logically could be used for more mind-numbing stadia and halftime extravaganzas
  • eliminate kickoffs; after Team A scores Team B gets the ball on their own 25,and eliminates time wasted on kicking the ball out of the endzone. Just cut to the chase and keep things "exciting."
  • play clocks set at 30 seconds; more plays per hour means more scoring
  • no more PAT kicks; 2-point attempts required
  • shorten quarters to 12-minutes; less time to fiddle-fart around with defensive schemes, just score, baby. Oh, this will also shorten the games by 12 real-time minutes, which means the FVP will not have to sit through over three hours of football entertainment, for cryin' out loud, but will still allow plenty of time for merchandisers to advertise all kinds of crap, which generates ad revenues which drives the "sports entertainment bidness," but won't violate the FVP's three-hour event tolerance.
This is just a brief synopsis of what I propose. The complete proposal is on its way to the NCAA and Mr. Goodell.
The unintended consequences of forcing 2 point plays during normal play would be regretted.

Eight

I think the big winner of the commercials was Bud Light, with the corn syrup message. Made me want to avoid those other brands that include it....

the big winner was those of us who don't drink any bud, miller, or coors products. there is a good reason those companies continue to lose market share to smaller breweries that make better products