• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel- 2018

FrogLifeYo

I think he saw the effort the last half of the season and realized that's about as good as it gets. They're going on almost 15 years of halfassery in Coral Gables. Four HCs during that time and none of them could restore the swagger. For the time being, they are what they are.
They are a private school pretty similar in size to TCU...The days of dominant Miami football are long behind them and the Miami brand isn’t what it used to be..In similar fashion as us, I think they have to get used to having up and down seasons..It’s tough to recruit in state against UF and FSU..They better make a good hire..

They are a private school pretty similar in size to TCU...The days of dominant Miami football are long behind them and the Miami brand isn’t what it used to be..In similar fashion as us, I think they have to get used to having up and down seasons..It’s tough to recruit in state against UF and FSU..They better make a good hire..

Thing is, they've only had one 10-win season in 15 years and still have yet to win the ACC. Like the commercial, they've been just ok for 15 years.

It will be interesting to see the list of candidates.

Will Cristobal be interested in returning to the U? He has things headed in a really good direction in Oregon.

Manny Diaz was just introduced as the Temple HC but he could be a player.

Heupel. Luttrell. Babers. Butch Davis. Schiano? The Pirate?

And now I read that Rex Ryan wants the job.

Mean Purple

Not surprised. I think he sees how the alumni are NOT getting behind the program financially, like they used to. He had to move mountains and then some to get the indoor practice facility done. The on campus facilities there were not so great. And it sounds like they were pressuring him to do things the way he did not want to. Richt is a stand up guy and great coach. He does things the right way. They were hurting for talent. That they made a bowl game this year was impressive. The talent they claimed to have when they brought him in was way overrated.

Richt made a bowl game every year he was a head coach. He has only had something like 2 seasons where he did not win at least 8. And, when you consider that the SEC title game a few years ago between dawgs and bama basically picked the national championship, he was only a couple of plays away from winning it all. (final play of the game, everybody on the field did their job, which was fun and rare to watch. still have it on video) So, in a manner of speaking, Kirby Smart has not really done anything that Richt has not already done. Dawgs were a dog for 20+ years before he got there.

Mean Purple

I doubt they do any better than Richt. They'll go after a butch davis like coach and then end up on NCAA probation again.

Mean Purple

And warren sapp continues to look like a d-bag as he casually hints at the race card in coaching decisions for the canes. Enjoy 5 - 7 next year, Miami.

LeagueCityFrog

Our TCU alums and their Texas money and our top notch head coach ain't settling for mediocrity. We can compete for the title next year. Fix a couple of key items and you watch with the defense we have coming back.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Miami doesn’t have anything close to our facilities. Several coaches have complained that Miami doesn’t want to spend on football, from what I’ve read. Unless you Herve done some fast building, last year there was article stating how bad their football infrastructure was.