1. The KillerFrogs

Chris Thomsen to FSU....???

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by Moose Stuff, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Starting to see some Twitter smoke from FSU people on this.

Not something I’d be real happy about.

2. I’m kinda eh about it. Some of the same reasons his old school was not too upset about him leaving are the same things that frustrated us this year.

TooColdU, tcumaniac and tcuball3 like this.
  3. I’m OK with it I guess if we can keep our OL recruits and replace him with someone decent and not just do a staff reshuffle.

4. Maybe Malcolm Kelly can coach OL. Seems to be GP’s theory at least.

5. I’m not thrilled about it. He was a solid recruiter for us.

Prince of Purpoole, YA and archifrog like this.
  6. ...and so it begins. Maybe has was told to look elsewhere. Our O-line was inconsistent the whole time he was here, and one injury sent them on a down turn every year.

tcumaniac and TheFDN like this.
  7. Very possible. I have to think this probably means we are getting a new OC at least as well.

8. I thought everyone was on board with a wholesale staff change? Now people are bitching about staff leaving? I'll admit, I'm kinda lost on this whole deal, but is this a coach that has been moved around to different positions? I don't know...

Someone, please explain!

9. You guys probably shouldn’t get too attached to your slant on this potential coaching move.

Double V, tcujsauce and Froggish like this.
  10. Why don't you just tell us what Jeremy says rather than giving us these cryptic messages?

netty2424 likes this.
  11. 1 down, few more to go.

Salfrog and PO Frog like this.
  12. $24 for an annual subscription last Monday....

berryfrog95 likes this.
  13. I'll send you a Moose decoder ring for 1/4 the cost of the 247 membership. Just pm me your CC info.

14. It’s not a cryptic message. It’s me disagreeing with the idea that Thomsen was told to look around and we’re about to hire a new OC. I came up with that all on my own.

15. Thomson was pretty low on my list of coaches I wanted gone.

Id start with the guys who have been here longest.

Prince of Purpoole and Salfrog like this.
  16. His unit competed with the WRs for worst on the team, so I'm not too concerned.

17. You're really de-valuing my decoder rings when you immediately come in and explain yourself like this.

18. This is how I feel as well. I don't know for certain how much of the terrible o-line play is directly attributed to Thomsen but at the very least it seems like he's been something less than great.

19. I remember when he was hired, there was a lot of chatter on this board of how great of an o-line coach he was and how significant of a hire this is was.

20. If Thomson goes, what are the odds we keep Hayes from Athens... I’m thinking small.

Froggish, Salfrog and archifrog like this.