• The KillerFrogs

Chad Morris to Baylor

froginaustin

Moose Stuff said:
I'm a LOOOOONG way from caring about them enough to hate them.

Prolly speaks to our age difference.  I dislike SMU's athletic teams back to the Hayden Fry - Fred Taylor days.

I care about SMU plenty enough to enjoy their athletic desperation year after year.

FrogAbroad

More Frogs the Better said:

What's good for TCU is to develop elite talent and keep winning.  Having Baylor become irrelevant doesn't hurt that in the least.  In fact, the less we are compared to Baylor as in the whole TCU/Baylor thing we heard in 2014, the better.

Advancing our brand should never rely on making others look bad, but on genuinly improving ourselves. I don't want TCU simply to look better than the others because they're underachievers, I want us to be better than we were last year, and the year before, and over the past ten or more years.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
jack the weed said:
A Ponyfan had a good point for all those Baylorfans celebrating the loss of Morris as they awaited the Saban or Herman signing. Morris may have been the only realistic candidate with the Texas high school coaching infrastructure relationships to save this years recruiting class. They are in effect celebrating the complete loss of another recruiting class.
What recruiting class?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
For the OP ... Take a Curt-sey

tumblr_n29y29JMeL1s2wio8o1_500.gif

TCUdirtbag

frognutz

Moose Stuff said:
Lot of smoke pointing in Miles' direction.

I've seen that.  Not sure if there is a better complete polar opposite to Tom Herman than Les Miles.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him wanting to trade banging his head against the wall in the SEC West for lifetime job security in Houston where you can lose to SMU, Navy, and Memphis and are still considered the best coach of all time.  Could be June Jonesish for Houston tho.

TCUdirtbag

frognutz said:
I've seen that.  Not sure if there is a better complete polar opposite to Tom Herman than Les Miles.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him wanting to trade banging his head against the wall in the SEC West for lifetime job security in Houston where you can lose to SMU, Navy, and Memphis and are still considered the best coach of all time.  Could be June Jonesish for Houston tho.
Literally no one is going to Houston for "lifetime job security." It's a great stepping stone.

frognutz

TCUdirtbag said:
Literally no one is going to Houston for "lifetime job security." It's a great stepping stone.

My point was, if you are Les Miles and that is what you are wanting, then it's probably there for you.  The guy is 63.  He's got his national championship and his SEC championships.  What is he trying to step back into?  Another LSU type job?  Just saying he might not be pining away for stuff like that anymore.

Mean Purple

Moose Stuff said:
Lot of smoke pointing in Miles' direction.
Because Miles can recruit Texas very well. He gets into East Texas pretty good. And he can recruit the Cajun state next door. Most folks realize the Big 12 will eventually expand. Houston, whether some want it or not, has a good chance. Boosters at two schools can say what they want, but one of those schools is in the Lone Star State and there are rumblings in the legislature. 

Mean Purple

frognutz said:

My point was, if you are Les Miles and that is what you are wanting, then it's probably there for you.  The guy is 63.  He's got his national championship and his SEC championships.  What is he trying to step back into?  Another LSU type job?  Just saying he might not be pining away for stuff like that anymore.
Agreed. Mark Richt could have went after South Carolina, or waited a year for LSU (because everyone knew that political nightmare was going to happen this year no matter what), but Miami was open and it is a more stable support system. I can see Miles eyeing the same thing. At some point, coaches want to have freedom to develop the total player, etc. That's why jobs like KState, TCU, Duke, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Purdue, etc. are going to be popular jobs. Like GP says, at the big 5 schools, there is usually a reason why the job is open. LSU did not get even its second pick this time.