• The KillerFrogs

Chad Morris to Baylor

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
kudos to Chad. He said if you want me to come in and fix your mess this is what it will cost. Baylor said no. Morris apparently has said see ya.

tcudoc

Frog-in-law1995 said:
You're smoking crack. Colorado's brand new football facilities are fantastic and Boulder absolutely kicks the dog piss out of Waco. And that's before taking into consideration that he'd go from a conference champ to a 6-6 team with basically 2 empty recruiting classes.
That is a very deep response.

f_399

A&M and Tech job may eventually be available.

Even Houston would be a better job in the long run.

Baylor is heading nowhere fast.

Wexahu

Seems like Morris isn't doing himself any favors in terms of recruiting and bringing SMU along. 

How do you recruit to a school when every single kid/parent knows you're going to bolt for A&M at the first available opportunity?  The chances of these kids he's gonna go out and recruit ever actually playing for him for more than a year, maybe two are literally about 0%.

I mean, the cat's really out of the bag now.  Not that most people didn't already believe this, but its confirmed...he has no intention of staying at SMU long at all.

Big Frog II

Peacefrog said:
Baylor fans already saying they never wanted him and never offered.

They also have a thread asking about whether they can get mark richt or not. And they are serious.
They are going to be lucky to get the a YMCA rec league coach.  What sane person wants to walk in on that cesspool?  Whoever they get, it is obvious they will have to overpay to get him.  Which will put them in a pickle if they have to fire him before his contract runs out because of the buyout.

rifram09

Moose Stuff said:
That was an INSANE contract they gave him.
Ya. It raised eyebrows at the time.

If you'll recall, they started out his first year like 6-0 or 7-0 (with a terrible OOC and beating nobody in conference yet) and got ranked into the top 10 for a hot second. Then they cratered and really still haven't improved.

I'm sure the logic was to show support to him so he can recruit. But that hasn't helped too much what with all the loses.

Chongo94

Rifram09 said:
Ya. It raised eyebrows at the time.

If you'll recall, they started out his first year like 6-0 or 7-0 (with a terrible OOC and beating nobody in conference yet) and got ranked into the top 10 for a hot second. Then they cratered and really still haven't improved.

I'm sure the logic was to show support to him so he can recruit. But that hasn't helped too much what with all the loses.
It was 7-0 and since that start Coach DudeBro has gone 9-26 I believe.