• The KillerFrogs

Chad Morris to Baylor

Mean Purple

REe

Wexahu said:
I sort of agree but I always go back to the fact that our best years and Baylor's best years have overlapped. Not sure that's just a total coincidence or if the programs pushed each other and themselves out of their hatred for one another
Best team I've seen in years was the Rose Bowl team. Balanced, fast and pysical. Not just jump balls. As I recall, Baylor was not that great that year. And before someone screams about the conference we were in, go back and look at the conference that year and the previous two years. Nobody wanted any part of most of those schools because of the danger of losing.

Mean Purple

Ghost of Toby said:
I've hated Baylor almost my entire life. Anybody that doesn't hate Baylor regardless of how good they are is somebody that didn't grow up during the SWC days.
I hated Baylor with a passion for all those years they were the Big12 doormat and we didn't even play them. Too much history and bad blood to ever not hate the Scum of Waco.
The place is so fake it is unreal. The history of problem kids in that program predate Briles. Briles just took it to an unreal level of disgusting. 

Mean Purple

frognutz said:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18179304/alabama-crimson-tide-oc-lane-kiffin-ex-lsu-tigers-coach-les-miles-candidates-houston-cougars-head-coach-position

This Houston coaching job is getting interesting.  The list is growing of guys who may be willing to take a Houston job as opposed to the Baylor job.
Interesting part of that article is the info that people close to the BU program (McLame and company, I'm guessing) have contacted Houston to voice support for Briles.  Sounds like they hope getting mumbles hired will somehow make it look like he was not guilty of the disgusting actions he took at bu. un-darning-real

jake102

Mean Purple said:
Interesting part of that article is the info that people close to the BU program (McLame and company, I'm guessing) have contacted Houston to voice support for Briles.  Sounds like they hope getting mumbles hired will somehow make it look like he was not guilty of the disgusting actions he took at bu. un-darning-real

More like the long game. If Briles gets hired as a head coach somewhere his next step could be back to Baylor. 

flyfishingfrog

Jake102 said:

More like the long game. If Briles gets hired as a head coach somewhere his next step could be back to Baylor. 
It also makes their current coach search easier since he's the one guy they can't hire right now and it takes one open position out of the competition for the remaining candidates

Pharm Frog

netty2424 said:
I would bet Briles has a pretty strong hatred for Baylor at this point.
And I would bet that he'd like nothing more than to return to Baylor and ride in on a white donkey with his minions fanning him with palm branches.

Wexahu

Pharm Frog said:
And I would bet that he'd like nothing more than to return to Baylor and ride in on a white donkey with his minions fanning him with palm branches.
I hope he does make it back to Baylor, although I know it will never happen. It was fun kicking his ass. Sure, he won a couple against us, but our beat downs of Briles were delivered with much more conviction.

Purp

Wexahu said:
Who hated Baylor in 2005?
I hated Baylor in 2005.  How could you not?  Tech and Baylor will always be at the top of my hate list for the nonsensical "you couldn't do that in a big boy conference" and "you wouldn't have beaten us if you had to deal with the day to day grind of the B12" bullboat.  Those delusional mental misfits in both shiphole towns can forever darn themselves with an ice pick for all I care.  I couldn't possibly be more happy with the current state of affairs at both programs than i am right now.

Of course, every time I've said that recently Baylor outdid themselves shortly thereafter and I derived more joy than I could have imagined from even more self-inflicted plight.

Ron Swanson

Who didn't hate Baylor in 2005? Baylor has just been a bunch of terrible people ever since I can remember. I've always hated them and never even consider going there when I was applying to colleges.

Phvking dorks

Pharm Frog

I've hated Baylor athletics since about 1985 and maybe earlier and I would have no affiliation with TCU for the next fifteen years. Baylor was third on my hate list after Ag and Whorn

cousinjoker

netty2424 said:
I would bet Briles has a pretty strong hatred for Baylor at this point.
When asked if he hates Baylor, a former coach may have responded, "Do armadillos enjoy resting catawampus of rattlesnakes?"

froginaustin

Moose Stuff said:
https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/805808789211512832

Recently interviewed at Baylor I believe.

Today's print version of the Austin newspaper says your belief is pretty close if not precisely on target . . . Brohm and Baylor interviewed, but no mention of where.  I wonder if Baylol had to go to him, like the UTx prexy flying to Tulsa to "interview" an offensive coordinator prospect for Chollie.

tcumaniac

Pharm Frog said:
I've hated Baylor athletics since about 1985 and maybe earlier and I would have no affiliation with TCU for the next fifteen years. Baylor was third on my hate list after Ag and Whorn

You were obviously just jealous.