• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: Realignment Fallout, What's Next

ticketfrog123

I defer to you and your knowledge in all this but it's incredibly difficult for me to imagine how the ACC has any power at all in any of this. I have no doubt that they're TRYING to be proactive which I'm sure starts with trying to get Notre Dame in as a full member. But from the outside looking in they are one decision from Clemson away from being in the same spot the Big 12 currently is in.

And for ND, I gotta think their best play is to sit back and watch how this all unfolds because they'll have the pick of any conference they want if they decide the want to be in a conference at some point.

ND literally signed a contract saying they’re forced to join ACC if they join a contract

Eight

ND literally signed a contract saying they’re forced to join ACC if they join a contract

EasyAllGrayling-size_restricted.gif

tcufootballjh98

Kind of off-topic, but anyone else think Rice might be a good addition to the Pac-16 if Baylor gets passed over? Academically and culturally, they fit right in.

If they make a major commitment to invest in athletics (doubtful), I think it could happen.

So do you think #2 (PAC12 adding four) is most likely at this point? More likely than your scenario of remaining Big8 adding couple AAC members?

To be honest, I'd probably rank them like this in terms of likelihood at this point:

1. Big 8 + Best of the rest from the AAC+Football Only Members (BYU, Boise, etc.)
2. AAC raids the Big 8/6 in some way/shape/form
3. Best 2-4 from the Big 8 to the Pac 12, remaining Big 8 to the AAC/other
4. Big 8 + Pac 12 partnership
5. Big 8 raids the Pac 12 to get back to Big 12+

Bob Sugar

To be honest, I'd probably rank them like this in terms of likelihood at this point:

1. Big 8 + Best of the rest from the AAC+Football Only Members (BYU, Boise, etc.)
2. AAC raids the Big 8/6 in some way/shape/form
3. Best 2-4 from the Big 8 to the Pac 12, remaining Big 8 to the AAC/other
4. Big 8 + Pac 12 partnership
5. Big 8 raids the Pac 12 to get back to Big 12+
If option 1, that conference would equal or exceed the PAC in football prowess on Day 1, top to bottom, in 2022. Arguably the ACC too.

Nick Danger

Question about this one. Do you think this will come down (if it should happen), as the presentation of one big, wrapped up package? Or will it take an announcement of say BYU and Boise joining first, to get the AAC recruits, that may still be harboring thoughts of raiding the Big 8, to pull the trigger?

I'm just trying to figure out what the tipping point is between the Big 12 remnants raiding the AAC, or the AAC raiding the Big 8!

Question about this one. Do you think this will come down (if it should happen), as the presentation of one big, wrapped up package? Or will it take an announcement of say BYU and Boise joining first, to get the AAC recruits, that may still be harboring thoughts of raiding the Big 8, to pull the trigger?

I'm just trying to figure out what the tipping point is between the Big 12 remnants raiding the AAC, or the AAC raiding the Big 8!

That's hard to say TBH, lots of little variables that could move things in many different directions. Generally speaking, the big AAC schools would rather join the Big 8 if there was such a thing, but it's all TBD.

What does the BIG do? What does the ACC do? Is the SEC done? All of these have downstream effects.

Eight

why would the big 12 schools want to join the aac and have to partner with the bottom of that conference?

far, far better to bring schools on from the aac then go there and no to multiple texas schools

jake102

That's hard to say TBH, lots of little variables that could move things in many different directions. Generally speaking, the big AAC schools would rather join the Big 8 if there was such a thing, but it's all TBD.

What does the BIG do? What does the ACC do? Is the SEC done? All of these have downstream effects.

Seems like the PAC should move first to mitigate most all risk of SEC or Big10 thinking about USC, Oregon, etc.