• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: Realignment Fallout, What's Next

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
If the PAC/ACC/Big10 invite doesn't happen for TCU, my preference would be for the B12 to do the poaching. I wouldn't mind for ISU and KU to leave for the Big 10 either, and then let the remaining 6 focus on adding the best 6 teams looking East.
West Division:
Baylor
Boise (or Tulsa/UH/SMU if BSU's too far out of the geographic footprint)
KSU
OSU
TCU
Tech

East Division:
Cinci
Memphis
UCF
USF
WVU
one more (Coastal Carolina maybe?)

I would much prefer this to joining the AAC or MYC and having numerous home games against the UNLVs and ECUs of the world.

A schedule of BU, KSU, OSU, Boise, Tech, UCF, WVU, Cinci, and Memphis would have been pretty salty for many/most seasons the last 10 years. Certainly better than any of the schedules in the MWC, C-USA days.

Agreed Big 12 should get aggressive and poach, in my opinion would prioritize Texas schools first (SMU and Houston) and focus on natural rivalries

Bruce Berry

My favorite comment so far in this [ Finebaum ] show..

“It is difficult to understand how an Oklahoma institution of higher education would follow the University of Texas to the detriment of the State of Oklahoma. Nevertheless we are turning our eyes to the future and looking at what is best for Oklahoma State University.”

-President of OSU

Last edited:

FWSTC Hfrog

Haven't seen this mentioned much, but IF the PAC 12 decides to expand, the entry fee will be substantial. Cannot imagine it would be less than 30M per school (installment plan, of course). If they take four that would be 10M each for the existing PAC 12 schools. It will not come at a discount because they know our other conference revenue options come 2025 stink. Hope we don't have any plans of spending any of that OU/TX exit fee money. Going to need that + some.

CountryFrog

Haven't seen this mentioned much, but IF the PAC 12 decides to expand, the entry fee will be substantial. Cannot imagine it would be less than 30M per school (installment plan, of course). If they take four that would be 10M each for the existing PAC 12 schools. It will not come at a discount because they know our other conference revenue options come 2025 stink. Hope we don't have any plans of spending any of that OU/TX exit fee money. Going to need that + some.
My sources within the TCU admin tell me that the exit fee money will be put into AMC stock. So we'll be able to cover our PAC entry fee plus everyone else's when the time comes.

Entry fee would come in the form of a reduced media rights payout. Can't remember if we were subjected to it but I recall WVU having theirs reduced for a few years.

vicarfrog

I posted this elsewhere:

CFB is eventually going to work its way down to a group of about 30-40 big schools in a semi-pro league off by themselves making 90% of the money, with all the other current D1s going back to smaller regional conferences like the SWC to provide more of a campus experience…and occasionally whoring themselves out for the payday of a Wednesday game on the Ocho.

That's fine with me. Most of the time I'm listening to Bryan Estridge, John Denton, and Landry Burdine. I have internet and antenna and I own zero streaming services. I listen to Learfield IMG and then watch highlights on Sunday. I don't feel like I miss a beat.

Virginia Frog

If someone already put this out there, I apologize.

What if TCU, OSU, TT, and (Iowa State, Kansas State,Kansas...pick one) make a group of four offer to the PAC? They then could turf Arizona, ASU, Utah, and Colorado to the Eastern division of a sixteen team conference. The geography would make sense for both divisions and they would get some of that central time zone. Just saying.
The Arizona teams would object at THAT East-West division. They want to play the California schools - recruiting and exposure -especially USC & UCLA.

Sixteen teams and an 8-8 split with coastal states vs. non-coast states with a 9-game conference fb season they may play USC/UCLA each only once every 4 years and home & away only every 8 years. Maybe some kind of ACC-like "zipper" divisions (Splitting "pairs" like AZ/ASU, USC/UCLA, Stanford/Berkley, Utah/Colorado, etc. with an annual rival game for each "pair") or a WAC-esque rotating "quad" divide could be palatable to them. Just guessing.

Last edited:

4th. down

They don't give a rats ass about who is liberal. It is about money. And the PAC is always hungry for earlier tv times. They have gotten seriously angry over the issue.

Even the pessimist admit we fit with the PAC......Texas, Metro Plex, game times, recruiting, a long and storied history and that Rose Bowl Group has not forgotten how we (the fans) players, coaches, and administration conducted themselves while in Cal.....believe me they remember.

berryfrog95

Swimming, diving, track and outdoor summer sports seem to be dominate. Not surprising given the climate.
I hope TCU lands in the Pac-12. Would really love that. Most of my USC grad friends out here see TCU as the "USC" of the south.
Hope this happens, I’d have to invest in the cheesy house divided paraphernalia….

bronco

Pretty much agreed. Game reset isn't gonna happen around 64-66 teams. I'd set over under about 40, but really there are more like 30 major brands. A few will ride coattails and get in. Rest will get leftovers.

Only hope is some PAC fracture (B1G for a couple?) and their gutted carcass wants to get it on with B12's as the new BRW (best of rest of west).

My first thought when this happened is the SEC is gathering mass so that the 8 to 10 biggest schools could break off (ala MWC) from smaller schools (Ark, Miss schools, Ky, just to name a few) as the first of four 12 team mega conferences. The more I think about it, mostly because of geography, I think the end result is one 32 team conference that breaks away from the NCAA at least in football and basketball. Eventually USC, UCLA, Wash and Oregon will be part of the thirty two teams as well as Notre Dame. This will be a pay for play league and college football will never be the same (it is already changed forever).