• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Media Days: Day 1 (TCU, KU, Tech, ISU & OU)

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
"How do you feel about the depth of RB in the Big XII looks this year, considering it's a passing league?"

Very good. Talking up Sewo and OSU's tailbacks.

TxFrog1999

"What was the preparation like to play OU twice in one month?"

That was probably the best or second best offenses I've seen. The loss in that game probably cost us a NY6 game, but we had a second chance to beat them.

TxFrog1999

Orange Bloods - "You don't get a ton of 5 and 4 stars, but you get a lot out of the guys you do sign, how do you evaluate and develop them?"

First, that's your rating not my rating. It's not where you start but where you finish. :D Doesn't do you good to get a great athlete if its a square peg in a round hole.

TxFrog1999

"Welcome coach, thoughts the upcoming season?"

Great to be back in my hometown. Glad to welcome Jeff Long and we think he'll fall in love with KU like we have.

TxFrog1999

Moving forward looking at this season, we're eager to see the impact our 26 seniors and 17 returning starters will have on this team.

TxFrog1999

Media questions...

"What expectations does Jeff Long have for the program?"

We've had great talks, most of which are introductory in nature. We've both been on vacation but have communicated quite a bit. We've talked about vision and how he wants to create championship programs across the board at KU. He is completely behind us.

TxFrog1999

-- Not a whole lot of major insights, just talk about stadium upgrades.

"Talk to us about the QB position?"

QB is still a competition. We're going to narrow that down to 2 real quick, but will prepare all three QBs. No timeline, but will be done quickly.