• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Media Days: Day 1 (TCU, KU, Tech, ISU & OU)

Mean Purple

Shannon, Ryann, and I will be covering this season's Big 12 Media Days (Monday and Tuesday) here in Frisco. Today we kick off with the Frogs at 10AM and will post comments and insights from the first round of teams which will end with OU at 12:45. If you have any questions for the coaches or players please let us know:

TCU - 10:05AM

Coach Gary Patterson, Ben Banogu DE , Ty Summers LB, Jaelan Austin WR, Sewo Olonilua RB, Shawn Robinson QB

KANSAS - 10:40AM

Coach David Beaty, Joe Dineen Jr. LB, Khalil Herbert RB, Steven Sims Jr. WR, Daniel Wise DT

TEXAS TECH - 11:15AM

Coach Kliff Kingsbury , Dakota Allen LB, Jah’Shawn, Johnson DB , Travis Bruffy OL, Ja’Deion High WR

IOWA STATE - 11:50AM

Coach Matt Campbell, Brian Peavy CB, Ray Lima DL,, Kyle Kempt QB, David Montgomery RB

OKLAHOMA - 12:25PM

Coach Lincoln Riley, Rodney Anderson RB, Amani Bledsoe, DE, Kenneth Murray LB, Ben Powers OL
GP did a great job.

Mean Purple

"State of the Baylor Athletic Program... Concern about losing membership in the BXII, was that ever a topic of discussion?"

I'm not going to get into the specifics of the Baylor situation, we're doing a verification, but not an investigation. We've already said publicly that we'll submit a written report when we're done.

-- I don't think he liked that question.
He does not like any question that exposes him for not effectively doing his job.

Limp Lizard

Even crazier, Jaelan Austin's numbers are not far behind.
I never could find any public results about the Night of Champions...do you know where I could find them?

GP also said Sewo is up to 240 lbs! One thing that Sewo has shown this first two years is a great work ethic.

mesohornedfrog

I never could find any public results about the Night of Champions...do you know where I could find them?

GP also said Sewo is up to 240 lbs! One thing that Sewo has shown this first two years is a great work ethic.

Not sure on results, but on theAthletic.com Jaelan was actually ranked ahead of Sewo and DA on Bruce Feldman's 'Freak List'. His numbers on there had Austin at a squat of 780, bench of 450 and cleaned 420. Looking at him I don't see how that's possible but I guess that's why they call them freaks.

For reference, Sewo was at 770 squat /425 bench /460 clean running a 4.49 and DA was 700 and 440 bench, running a 4.39

Mean Purple

SXM ESPNU will broadcast their coverage for Big 12 media days from 5 to 9 PM Texas time today. Coach Neuheisel is slated to be one of the hosts.

My guess is they recorded the interview spots from earlier today, but it should be good.

This means myself and at least one other KF.Cer will have to tune away fro. PGA Tour radio to catch it.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
SXM ESPNU will broadcast their coverage for Big 12 media days from 5 to 9 PM Texas time today. Coach Neuheisel is slated to be one of the hosts.

My guess is they recorded the interview spots from earlier today, but it should be good.

This means myself and at least one other KF.Cer will have to tune away fro. PGA Tour radio to catch it.
Golf on the radio? [ What the heck? ]

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
From 5 to 9. I suppose that explains why when I turned it on a couple of hours ago they were giving a tongue bath to the stinking SEC for the gazillionth time...

Gawd I hate ESPN.

Mean Purple

From 5 to 9. I suppose that explains why when I turned it on a couple of hours ago they were giving a tongue bath to the stinking SEC for the gazillionth time...

Gawd I hate ESPN.
Yep. I caught the ad with Rick and he was announcing it would be on in the evening. Which I think may work out better as Big 12 gets its own coverage.

Mean Purple

Go to https://www.facebook.com/KillerFrogs/
To watch Q/A with the players.

We will be uploading more throughout the day.

Our guys were great! Good mannners, funny, friendly, extremely well spoken, and professional.

We were the only school, today, to bring 5 players.
It is really cool that yall are covering it. Says a lot about how well yall are received by TCU to be given that access.