• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

TAINTed frog

Wait you think that UCF and Cincinnati are "less than spare" but you really want Cal? Do you watch college football at all?
If this is all about cfb sure they’re better. But they’re all spare as can be. One just happens to be a top 10 university in the world. Not something I’m opposed to to be associated with. But I’m an elitist that went to a school now charging $60K a year.

I get it’s all about FOotBaLl but whatever. In 5 years none of it will matter. So scheiss it take UCONN

Colorado, Utah, Arizona and ASU are members of the Association of American Universities (AAU). ASU became a member on June 1. There are 69 members in the U.S. and two in Canada.

Last edited:

Froglaw

Wokeness is a Marxist cult. I’ve been through a DEI struggle session before and it is very culty and the ideology that drives this is very imbedded at both Cal and Stanford.

Ah geez!

Put a cork in it and wait for the fourth indictment.

Great minds, ideas, grads, athletes, scholars, and politics came out of liberal arts universities including Cal and Stanford.

University means universal thoughts.

We have traded our “right to reason“ for a red or blue colored tie.

Moose Stuff

Ah geez!

Put a cork in it and wait for the fourth indictment.

Great minds, ideas, grads, athletes, scholars, and politics came out of liberal arts universities including Cal and Stanford.

University means universal thoughts.

We have traded our “right to reason“ for a red or blue colored tie.
LMAO at the irony of "universal thought" and "red and blue ties" coming from a guy who led off his post on a sports forum with a jab at Donald Trump.

Which of these two statements is true (and yes, one of them is 100% true)....

1) BYU and Baylor refuse to be in the same conference as Cal and Stanford because of their ideology.

2) Cal and Stanford refuse to be in the same conference as BYU and Baylor because of their ideology.

Now tell me who the problem is.

HG73

How long before byu starts organizing the western schools to break away and add Cal, Stanford, WSU&OSU? Bet they're already talking about it.

We need to add Cal and Stanford eventually, but give them a few years to see what independence or the MWC is like and whether they try to be competitive or not. If not then let them die. #6 TV market in the biggest state in the country. Otherwise just give the entire state of California to the B1G.

Limey Frog

No to California. The Pac died because of those schools. We have picked up every Pac 12 that is serious about sports and couldn't get in the Big Ten. We're done out west for football members.

I hope everything settles down and the ACC holds together in the short term. But eventually that league is going to hit problems. As and when it does, you can likely pick up Pitt, NC State, Duke and VT to solidify the east coast portion of this conference, and to fit the brand of elite basketball with solidly upper-middle class football.

AustinFrog

How long before byu starts organizing the western schools to break away and add Cal, Stanford, WSU&OSU? Bet they're already talking about it.

We need to add Cal and Stanford eventually, but give them a few years to see what independence or the MWC is like and whether they try to be competitive or not. If not then let them die. #6 TV market in the biggest state in the country. Otherwise just give the entire state of California to the B1G.
Just let state of California go entirely. I recommend we sell it to China for the national debit and cash. Most Californians won't even notice the difference between the Chinese communist and the communist in Sacramento.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
No to California. The Pac died because of those schools. We have picked up every Pac 12 that is serious about sports and couldn't get in the Big Ten. We're done out west for football members.

I hope everything settles down and the ACC holds together in the short term. But eventually that league is going to hit problems. As and when it does, you can likely pick up Pitt, NC State, Duke and VT to solidify the east coast portion of this conference, and to fit the brand of elite basketball with solidly upper-middle class football.
Chairman Newsome didn‘t want state schools traveling to conservative states and he he is getting his wish for his most leftist indoctrination facilities.

HG73

Don't forget duck and dog. They did everything they could to make the PAC fail after USC&UCLA left. Just to make half what Indiana makes with a lot more travel.

How many power conference teams are there now? B1G 18, SEC 16, ACC 14 & BIG12 16= 64 +ND. When the ACC blows up there will only be 6-8 teams picked up by the Big3. That leaves 6-8 teams for the AAC. Then only 56-58 Big3 teams + ND in power leagues.