• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Frog-in-law1995

It's amazing how when you sign up for something it hits your credit card instantly, but when you cancel it takes anywhere from 3-5 business days, at a minimum, for the credit to hit the account.

My Sirius XM subscription renews every year automatically for about $220/year. Once I get charged I call them to cancel and they end up giving me their "best current offer" that is usually around $80/year. Like clockwork every year. Makes you wonder how much they are making from people who just don't pay attention.

About $140 a year.

they make a killing off people not paying attention or even contesting the rate

the primary reason we have a credit card is for auto payments where we don't have a real choice

no way i am allowing an eft from a bank account or draw off a debit card
Bingo. I would also add to get new debit/credit cards every 3 to 6 mths, and when requesting them ask to not have any reoccurring charges be transferred to the new card number.

The card will be overnighted for free for the most part and you will quickly learn which subscription you need or do not when you get notifications of payment failure.

It does come with some shame when you try to check out with Apple Pay in the morning for McDonald’s breakfast and the old card gets declined.

Eight

Bingo. I would also add to get new debit/credit cards every 3 to 6 mths, and when requesting them ask to not have any reoccurring charges be transferred to the new card number.

The card will be overnighted for free for the most part and you will quickly learn which subscription you need or do not when you get notifications of payment failure.

It does come with some shame when you try to check out with Apple Pay in the morning for McDonald’s breakfast and the old card gets declined.

wait, i thought you were vegan?

Panther City Frog

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Sorry. Couldn’t resist.

Mountain West Wire: Fresno State Is In Talks With Big 12, Pac-12, Per Reports​

By Jeremy Mauss

The Pac-12 is in some trouble with its current negotiations for its next media rights deal. The league is out there in the public trying to land schools such as SMU and to a lesser degree behind the scenes with San Diego State.

Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff was scene at an SMU basketball on Feb. 9, a rare thing when expansion and realignment happens in back rooms. This one feels different and the Pac-12 could be seen as desperate.

San Diego State is a team to keep an eye on but so is Fresno State, and not just for the Pac-12.

Veteran Pacific Northwest reporter John Canzano has some nuggets about the Bulldogs talking to both the Big 12 and Pac-12.

Read more at https://mwwire.com/2023/02/17/fresno-state-is-in-talks-with-big-12-pac-12-per-reports/

Scene or seen?

Froggish

What keeps getting lost in all of this PAC talk is that It's still really important to put a compelling product on the field. For all but the bluebloods, viewership and brand awareness is still largely driven by fans of the entirety of the sport. Not neccesserily fans of a particular school. Capturing the fan eyeballs of someone who isn't directly affiliated with your school (Alumni, Donor, Regional Resident) is what really drives popularity. Its the guy who flips around to watch big games when his favorite team isn't playing. If the PAC goes all in on streaming they will get a fair amount of their program connected fans to sign up and watch. However, its the casual "flip around" fan that is highly unlikely to open their streaming app to watch them. ESPN is now the biggest name in sports and think about how concentrated the viewership is of B12 Football games streamed on ESPN +? Very few outside of affiliated fans watch those game. I watch 4-5 games a week myself but will rarely watch another B12 game on ESPN+ for more than 10 minutes. Its too easy for me to flip around linear/cable TV and punch in on 3-4 games. I don't fee like I'm alone in that. Now 5 years from now that could all change.

Its also important to draw a distinction between things like YoutubeTV/Hulu and Amazon/AppleTV. Yes those are all streamers but the technology, viewer experience, and accessibility are all very different.