• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Wexahu

aside from me, which might be hard for some here to believe, nothing irritates my wife more than finding a run trainer app she really likes only for it to go from free to a monthly subscription that is harder to cancel than a subscription to the 247 site
It's amazing how when you sign up for something it hits your credit card instantly, but when you cancel it takes anywhere from 3-5 business days, at a minimum, for the credit to hit the account.

My Sirius XM subscription renews every year automatically for about $220/year. Once I get charged I call them to cancel and they end up giving me their "best current offer" that is usually around $80/year. Like clockwork every year. Makes you wonder how much they are making from people who just don't pay attention.

82 Frog Fever

scheiss no on adding fresno
I’m hoping Yormark is just leveraging Fresno to try and get some movement from potential P12 converts; however, they’ve been talking for over a month and Yormark was actually on their campus this month.
Scary to think he could actually be considering this.

East Coast

Tier 1
aside from me, which might be hard for some here to believe, nothing irritates my wife more than finding a run trainer app she really likes only for it to go from free to a monthly subscription that is harder to cancel than a subscription to the 247 site
One time a few years ago I had a subscription that wouldn't cancel. Eventually my credit card company told me they would reissue my card with a new number. The downside was I had other places I had to update with the new information but it stopped those charges.

"Big 12 and PAC are fighting hard for Fresno State!" Source, George Kliavkoff.
This Fresno State thing was my concern. Yormark has sounded determined to get a Pacific Coast team. And I don’t much understand why you need that for exposure on the west coast. Pacific coast residents can watch Big XII teams all day.

Many people have had their fill of football by the time Saturday night rolls around and have Saturday night social things to do, or movies to watch, haha. And now you’re gonna be competing with the PAC and the Big 10 in that late night west coast slot which has struggled with viewers for their own PAC teams. Do you think viewers would instead choose to occupy their Saturday night to watch TCU vs Fresno State?

Last edited:

East Coast

Tier 1
It's amazing how when you sign up for something it hits your credit card instantly, but when you cancel it takes anywhere from 3-5 business days, at a minimum, for the credit to hit the account.

My Sirius XM subscription renews every year automatically for about $220/year. Once I get charged I call them to cancel and they end up giving me their "best current offer" that is usually around $80/year. Like clockwork every year. Makes you wonder how much they are making from people who just don't pay attention.
I just went through this with Sirius. The time sink involved in managing all these things is outrageous. And I agree, many people don't bother because of it.

East Coast

Tier 1
I’m hoping Yormark is just leveraging Fresno to try and get some movement from potential P12 converts; however, they’ve been talking for over a month and Yormark was actually on their campus this month.
Scary to think he could actually be considering this.
I would be shocked by any non P5 adds except for a basketball only school or two (which I wouldn't like, but I think BY is serious about getting more money for basketball).

froginmn

I do the same with SiriusXM. I think it was last year that I was on hold and heard, "if you want to renew with the $5 per month plan, press one."

LOL

Eight

I just went through this with Sirius. The time sink involved in managing all these things is outrageous. And I agree, many people don't bother because of it.

they make a killing off people not paying attention or even contesting the rate

the primary reason we have a credit card is for auto payments where we don't have a real choice

no way i am allowing an eft from a bank account or draw off a debit card

fanatical frog

This Fresno State thing was my concern. Yormark has sounded determined to get a Pacific Coast team. And I don’t much understand why you need that for exposure on the West Coast. Pacific Coast residents can watch Big XII teams all day.

Many people have had their fill of football by the time Saturday night rolls around and have Saturday night social things to do, or movies to watch, haha. And now you’re gonna be competing with the PAC and the Big 10 in that late night viewership slot. Do you think they would choose to watch TCU vs Fresno instead?
In spades. If the West Coast is as apathetic about cfb as most of us believe.....why would they tune in for a Fresno vs. B12 match up ? And outside of us Frog Fanatics who in the CST is likely to care about TCU vs Fresno. I can't imagine there's much interest in that scenario from either time zone.

I can't imagine BY is pursuing Fresno or SDSU. Would be very disappointing to me if he is.

Limey Frog

Right... If ESPN won't pay $30M/yr for Washington State why would they for Fresno? Are Big XII members going to take a pay cut for any addition that doesn't stabilize the league? They were willing to sacrifice revenue for the four newcomers because that saved the league; they probably would for some current Pac 12 members because that would indirectly assure the league's long-term future. But why would they for the Fresno State Bulldogs? If you're going to do that, just go ahead and invite Boise. They also have no fans and no TV appeal but are a legit football brand. (That said, please do not invite Boise.)

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I do the same with SiriusXM. I think it was last year that I was on hold and heard, "if you want to renew with the $5 per month plan, press one."

LOL
A few years back I was on hold for about 30 minutes to cancel Sirius when I decided to, using a different phone, see how long it would take get through if I chose the option to buy a plan vs. cancel a plan. Almost immediately I had someone on the phone. Phone #1 was still on hold and waiting. The “buy a plan” people were, of course, incapable of cancelling my plan. So on hold I sat for 60 minutes total until they answered. And they attempted to keep my business to which I told them where they could shove it. Never again. That company can eat a giant bag.

Right... If ESPN won't pay $30M/yr for Washington State why would they for Fresno? Are Big XII members going to take a pay cut for any addition that doesn't stabilize the league? They were willing to sacrifice revenue for the four newcomers because that saved the league; they probably would for some current Pac 12 members because that would indirectly assure the league's long-term future. But why would they for the Fresno State Bulldogs? If you're going to do that, just go ahead and invite Boise. They also have no fans and no TV appeal but are a legit football brand. (That said, please do not invite Boise.)
Once you add a team you are stuck with them, so you better be very careful. I don’t think I like that the Big XII added all four that they did, maybe adding only 2 or 3 would have been better. Maybe a too hurried move to get to 12 that very possibly made the Big XII look worse to the PAC teams. I don't like being bigger than need be, preferring to select the best of the rest coming available.

Last edited:

HF-EOC

This Fresno State thing was my concern. Yormark has sounded determined to get a Pacific Coast team. And I don’t much understand why you need that for exposure on the west coast. Pacific coast residents can watch Big XII teams all day.

Many people have had their fill of football by the time Saturday night rolls around and have Saturday night social things to do, or movies to watch, haha. And now you’re gonna be competing with the PAC and the Big 10 in that late night west coast slot which has struggled with viewers for their own PAC teams. Do you think viewers would instead choose to occupy their Saturday night to watch TCU vs Fresno State?
Yeah, Fresno State makes no sense - I am with you. Anyone floating them as a possibility must be someone from the PAC trying to pretend they're attractive to other conferences so they can pretend they did something big when that is all they are left with.

I do not believe for a second BY or anyone else in the Big 12 has interest in that.

Hemingway

Once you add a team you are stuck with them, so you better be very careful. I don’t think I like that the Big XII added all four that they did, maybe adding only 2 or 3 would have been better. Maybe a too hurried move to get to 12 that very possibly made the Big XII look worse to the PAC teams. I don't like being bigger than need be, preferring to select the best of the rest coming available.
I think we’re going to find out that those were great basketball additions with decent football. I believe BYU basketball has an average attendance higher than anyone , except Arizona , in the Pac right now.

I , for one, would be really interested to watch Arizona and Kansas battle it out every year. That would be better than anything else in college basketball.

Limey Frog

Could it be a 4-D chess move to use discussions with Fresno to do all the calculations and TV partner talks that create projections he actually wants to show Pac 12 schools...?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
It’s on direct tv
Bally's is not on the streaming services, and I dropped DTV and its gigantus bill a few years ago. Now with Hulu+Live.

If the Rangers were decent I would be upset about not being able to watch them. For now, I don't miss it.

TCUdirtbag

Trying is awesome. I first started watching it simply because they were living near Camden Market in the show and I had just been there the week prior on a business trip. Wound up loving the characters and the storyline and got hooked on the series.

Sadly Ted Lasso, Morning Show and Trying are really all we’ve used our Apple TV subscription for so far.
Tehran (series), The Banker (movie), and Defending Jacob (limited series) are worthwhile.