• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

TCUdirtbag

I find this hard to believe but it would be interesting if there’s a clause in these game contracts about game distribution requirements for linear. I’m skeptical but it’s possible. No way Tech is backing out of the game in Lubbock this fall though. They’ll wait to breach.

thefrogking

Don’t have a lot to share before bed other than things are starting to move on two of the four corners. Describes to me as “constant back and forth today with the Arizona schools. The most activity since last summer with any of the PAC schools. Lots of information exchanged”. MHver3

Endless Purple

Don’t have a lot to share before bed other than things are starting to move on two of the four corners. Describes to me as “constant back and forth today with the Arizona schools. The most activity since last summer with any of the PAC schools. Lots of information exchanged”. MHver3

Don't know if I believe this one by MHver3 or just want to believe this one.

Traveling Frog

MHver3 hangs his hat on the USC UCLA comments after Texas and Oklahoma left. One of his hundred of guesses. Someone needs to go back through his timeline and find the 90% of his tweets he is wrong on.

Big Frog II

It will probably boil down to whether or not Pac schools want to have most of their games streamed or not. Personally, I would join the Big 12. The Pac already suffers from being nearly invisible. This would make it even worse. No one is going to buy Apple TV to watch the Pac except for the diehards. How many people would buy it in the DFW area to watch SMU if added, hundreds? Casual fans will rarely see the Pac.

Wexahu

It will probably boil down to whether or not Pac schools want to have most of their games streamed or not. Personally, I would join the Big 12. The Pac already suffers from being nearly invisible. This would make it even worse. No one is going to buy Apple TV to watch the Pac except for the diehards. How many people would buy it in the DFW area to watch SMU if added, hundreds? Casual fans will rarely see the Pac.
Any league that puts a majority of their games on a streaming app is idiotic for exactly the reasons you cite. You HAVE to make sure the games are available to the masses. The sport of boxing killed itself by going to a PPV model, this wouldn't be exactly the same thing but similar.

Hemingway

Any league that puts a majority of their games on a streaming app is idiotic for exactly the reasons you cite. You HAVE to make sure the games are available to the masses. The sport of boxing killed itself by going to a PPV model, this wouldn't be exactly the same thing but similar.
The offers on linear tv must have been horrific.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

Agree with this. A good question to ask is what percentage of college football games are watched in restaurants and bars. Staff there is unlikely to happen to flip it over to Apple TV assuming the establishment even has it.

East Coast

Tier 1
The deal isn't even on Apple TV, it's as separate subscription on Apple TV+, and the numbers I've seen quoted look fairly similar to the cost of ESPN+. All you get are the PAC home games for that, just like the MLS season pass. It is a tough sell.

jack the frog

The deal isn't even on Apple TV, it's as separate subscription on Apple TV+, and the numbers I've seen quoted look fairly similar to the cost of ESPN+. All you get are the PAC home games for that, just like the MLS season pass. It is a tough sell.

Some of the PAC pumpers are hanging their hat of the 125mm I-Phones in the US that have the Apple TV app as a default. They seem to be ignoring the subscription plus model issue. I suppose this may come down to Apples ability to pay just about anything they want with 50b in cash plus the free cash flow. A PAC experiment is almost a rounding error for them and they have been looking for ways to deploy cash. Maybe these teams just cash checks for a few years as they fade into oblivion.

Eight

Agree with this. A good question to ask is what percentage of college football games are watched in restaurants and bars. Staff there is unlikely to happen to flip it over to Apple TV assuming the establishment even has it.

presuming they even have the ability to stream video, most of the restaurants we have worked with are either using a service such as direct or some have cable to get the astros and rockets

hometown frog

My wife and I also really liked "Trying" on AppleTV+. "For all Mankind" is pretty good too. First season is great, but the other ones are okay too.
Trying is awesome. I first started watching it simply because they were living near Camden Market in the show and I had just been there the week prior on a business trip. Wound up loving the characters and the storyline and got hooked on the series.

Sadly Ted Lasso, Morning Show and Trying are really all we’ve used our Apple TV subscription for so far.