• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Big Frog II

smu people are now reporting that KSU AD said on radio yesterday that the Big 12 commissioner has not meet with any pac 12 presidents.

smu people are also clinging to the rumor that Kansas is wanting to leave the Big 12 for the Pac 12 for academic and research funding reasons.
Those SMU people are a riot.

Limey Frog

Based on this it sounds like SMU to the SEC will be announced any day now
The only thing we know for certain is that SMU is 100% in the Pac already, which means the conference is going to earn so much money that Oregon will laugh down the phone when the new Big Ten commissioner calls to beg for them to join USC in that second-rate league.

Everything else is just speculation at this point.

YA

The only thing we know for certain is that SMU is 100% in the Pac already, which means the conference is going to earn so much money that Oregon will laugh down the phone when the new Big Ten commissioner calls to beg for them to join USC in that second-rate league.

Everything else is just speculation at this point.
Oh and they will be getting 4 & 5 stars on the regular, enlarge the stadium to 60k and will pass TCU in a few years in football--yes many posters on their boards are openly saying this and more.

Creeperfrog

Based on this it sounds like SMU to the SEC will be announced any day now
Nervous Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

Limey Frog

This is interesting.

That would certainly get the job done for them. I don't see anyone else talking about this, but Monty certainly acts very confidently as though he's got someone inside the Utah Athletics Dept. that talks to him. I wouldn't count it out.

Peacock and USA network with an Oregon or Washington 'game of the week' on NBC most weeks would likely provide both the exposure, baseline revenue, and additional unequally shared revenue streams for Oregon/UW that would convince all ten schools to sign a GOR and approve invitations to SDSU & SMU. Like everything else "reported" in this saga, we'll see eventually and can only speculate until then. But if they're going to get something done, this is probably what it has to look like. Without a major broadcast network involved (NBC, Fox, CBS, ABC) I just don't see how they can make everyone happy with the money and exposure.

Last edited:

Hemingway

That would certainly get the job done them. I don't see anyone else talking about this, but Monty certainly acts very confidently as though he's got someone inside the Utah Athletics Dept. that talks to him. I wouldn't count it out.

Peacock and USA network with an Oregon or Washington 'game of the week' on NBC most weeks would likely provide both the exposure, baseline revenue, and additional unequally shared revenue streams for Oregon/UW that would convince all ten schools to sign a GOR and approve invitations to SDSU & SMU. Like everything else "reported" in this saga, we'll see eventually and can only speculate until then. But if they're going to get something done, this is probably what it has to look like. Without a major broadcast network involved (NBC, Fox, CBS, ABC) I just don't see how they can make everyone happy with the money and exposure.
As we’ve seen multiple times in the saga , that’s nice but what are the numbers? They walk away from an Amazon and Apple deal because they didn’t get the $$ money they wanted, not because of the networks associated. I just don’t see nbc blowing out all the offers with no competition really. Somebody will get axed for something like that.
And it’s Utah sources , they’ve been the most unreliable of all and most desperate to keep the Pac together.

HG73

That would certainly get the job done for them. I don't see anyone else talking about this, but Monty certainly acts very confidently as though he's got someone inside the Utah Athletics Dept. that talks to him. I wouldn't count it out.

Or a BYU source. How long before NBC and the PAC part ways? Not enough money, too much streaming....
And ND will take the premier slots while the PAC will fill in before and after. PAC will have some good slots when ND is on the road. Imagine a whole P5 conference playing backup to ND. Sad.

Last edited:

East Coast

Tier 1
I looked it up. NBC has contracted for 15-16 Big1G games per season, mostly on Saturday nights. Plus they get 8 Big1G games per year for their streaming Peacock service. On top of that, they have all the Notre Dame home games. This report doesn't look viable. Even if NBC wants 2 college football games per week, that only leaves like 4?? games per year on NBC. Where are the rest going to go? USA network? Peacock+?? I could be wrong, but I can't see them paying big $$ for that kind of package.

This looks stupider than some of the stuff that the WV guy throws out, or the PAC 12 shills.

Eight

peacock? peacock presents the very same problem every other app presents when it isn't on a platform such as cable, direct, youtube, hulu, etc....

Hemingway

I looked it up. NBC has contracted for 15-16 Big1G games per season, mostly on Saturday nights. Plus they get 8 Big1G games per year for their streaming Peacock service. On top of that, they have all the Notre Dame home games. This report doesn't look viable. Even if NBC wants 2 college football games per week, that only leaves like 4?? games per year on NBC. Where are the rest going to go? USA network? Peacock+?? I could be wrong, but I can't see them paying big $$ for that kind of package.

This looks stupider than some of the stuff that the WV guy throws out, or the PAC 12 shills.
And it came out on April 1st