• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Limey Frog

I think a good summary and my sense is that it unlikely to be "bad" enough for teams to jump, at least in this cycle.
Kliavkoff will never "present" a deal that isn't good enough. He'll just stall endlessly because the only things holding his conference together right now are inertia, fear, and snobbery. Why would he sit everyone down and put a contract in front of them for $25M/yr each? He may as well personally drive Colorado's president to Dallas and drop him off in Yormark's office.

Cougar/Frog

Kliavkoff will never "present" a deal that isn't good enough. He'll just stall endlessly because the only things holding his conference together right now are inertia, fear, and snobbery. Why would he sit everyone down and put a contract in front of them for $25M/yr each? He may as well personally drive Colorado's president to Dallas and drop him off in Yormark's office.
The current deal ends after the coming season. Kilavkoff can only delay so long. And given the Comcast situation, any deal based upon projections is fake.

These schools need guaranteed money.

Eight

College football is in a state of collapse now. The question is how it will “reform”.

not sure collapse is the best word to describe it, but i am not sure if evolution is a better choice over de-evolution

change and uncertainty are the two words that come to mind

heard dana holgerson on the radio this morning and he was very clear about how unclear things were right now aside from who now was on his team and who was on houston's regular season schedule

he talked about going to the conference meetings with each school's ad's, each school's coaches, conference officials, and network officials and having no clear idea what the future held for some very significant issues for the first time ever since he has been attending these types of meetings

Deep Purple

It sounds to me that the PAC12 schools have agreed to the structure and terms of the grant of rights provided they are OK with the TV contract. However, they have no TV deal that they agree. The reporter implying that by agreeing to the grant of rights, everyone was staying put was engaging in wishful thinking.

Guess I'm stating the obvious, but without a fairly lucrative broadcast deal, the GOR is virtually worthless.

82 Frog Fever

Guess I'm stating the obvious, but without a fairly lucrative broadcast deal, the GOR is virtually worthless.
Definitely, but the whole thing is weird.
You can’t agree on GOR revenue sharing unless you know the exact revenue figures, as there is no way Oregon, Wash, or UU will ever agree to level loaded revenue sharing.
You can’t have a GOR approval without a media deal / revenue stream, so if they really had an approved GOR, they’d also have a deal.
The whole Canzano statement is a fabrication.

Hemingway

You can’t agree on GOR revenue sharing unless you know the exact revenue figures, as there is no way Oregon, Wash, or UU will ever agree to level loaded revenue sharing.
You can’t have a GOR approval without a media deal / revenue stream, so if they really had an approved GOR, they’d also have a deal.
Sources are saying they are being offered 19 million a school

Deep Purple

Artist Chicken GIF by jportch illustration

TCUdirtbag

You CAN, but it would be dumb to.

Atomic Frawg

It may have already been said, but TCU making the MCWS I think may move the needle a bit further for the schools in question and give the B12 even more leverage. With the exodus of Norman and Austin, we couldn't have had a better time to shine. We've served notice that we are STILL a high quality athletic university and will continue to compete on the national scene. I'm glad this success came before they left so naysayers couldn't say we didn't do it while they were here.

LVH

It may have already been said, but TCU making the MCWS I think may move the needle a bit further for the schools in question and give the B12 even more leverage. With the exodus of Norman and Austin, we couldn't have had a better time to shine. We've served notice that we are STILL a high quality athletic university and will continue to compete on the national scene. I'm glad this success came before they left so naysayers couldn't say we didn't do it while they were here.
If the CWS mattered, Coastal Carolina and Fresno State would be in better conferences and Oregon State would be a hot commodity as well instead of being seen as a Pac-12 hanger on.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If the CWS mattered, Coastal Carolina and Fresno State would be in better conferences and Oregon State would be a hot commodity as well instead of being seen as a Pac-12 hanger on.
It matters as an extra credit, in that the Sports Media is talking about you more than they usually would. More mentions, more clicks, more ad revenue for the Networks= They like you more.